AA/FC at Vegas (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member

Am watching Q results and they're running 1000'. What's the deal on that?

Cutting some costs would be my first thought.

Funny Car Chaos runs 1/8 mile.

Had the same thought. Ran 1/4 mile last week at the reunion. Probably don’t want to remind folks that a drag race IS a quarter mile.

looking at results on NHRA site it looks like they’re also running a dial in rather than heads up

I was there and they were not running to an index - it’s a real drag race. They didn’t say why there were running to 1,000. I’d have rather seen the 1,320 but it was still a good show. It was really too bad how the stands emptied each time before they ran. I could only get to LV for one day, and picked Friday to see the max number of the nostalgia cars running. They put on a good show. I was at Pomona the last time they had the nostalgia cars, and that was an oil-down fest (although the cars then were more authentic versions of ‘70s era funny cars.) About the only incident yesterday was when Ryan H mowed down some center line blocks.

I have to say I really dislike the pro-mod style ‘69 Camaros. I end up rooting for whoever is racing against them! Geoff Monise qualified #1 in a pretty authentic-looking Firebird with beautiful paint!

Last edited:
Here's the best looking AA/FC on the property that won't run until Monday and in my mind, the way they ought to look. With that I want to wish McKailen Haddock success in getting his license.

I!d have liked to see the Haddock FC too. This car was fired up yesterday and sounded as good as it looked!

Attachments

• AE2FD9BA-AF48-47AA-9873-D89CEB18C4AF.jpeg
    AE2FD9BA-AF48-47AA-9873-D89CEB18C4AF.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 40
  • BC4C899A-8ED5-4C89-809C-1B832AFBE3E5.jpeg
    BC4C899A-8ED5-4C89-809C-1B832AFBE3E5.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 40
Is that the original Hell Fire? Looks like it has the old style roll cage. I wish they'd run nostalgia AA/FD as well.

I have to say I really dislike the pro-mod style ‘69 Camaros. I end up rooting against whoever is racing against them! Geoff Monise qualified #1 in a pretty authentic-looking Firebird with beautiful paint!
I 100% agree with you. The front end on those suck. IMHO, they are turning fans off and away from the class.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back