A step towards peace in the NHRA with Tom and me (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
Ya know in Charlotte this weekend I got to thinking. Maybe I have gone about this anticountdown thing the wrong way.

Maybe a nicer, calmer approach would work. So I offered to take Compton out for a beer, he could pick the place. I didn't know he liked to dance and while not my style of music, I will boogie to get rid of the countdown.

Not sure if my effort worked yet, but if Tony and John can reach an agreement then maybe Tom will see it my way too. Anyway someone snapped a video...sadly they didn't seem to catch the trophy we won too

JibJab Sendables - Soul Train: Boogie Down

Peej, that was priceless! I thought maybe the song would be "Everybody Plays the Fool". Is this the type o' thing they're learnin' ya in college?

Wait a minute; this guy's in college and he says, "with Tom and I?"

You see, anyone who's been through the fifth grade knows that "with" is a preposition, and "Tom and I" are, in this case, objects of the preposition.

Any pronouns that are "objects of a preposition" HAVE to be in the objective case.

"!" is in the nominative case. Won't work here...

It has to be "with Tom and me."

Nobody should get out of the fifth grade, much less college, without knowing that...

Just a passing comment...

HOWEVER, The post was HILARIOUS!!! LOVED IT!!!

Last edited:
Wait a minute; this guy's in college and he says, "with Tom and I?"

You see, anyone who's been through the fifth grade knows that "with" is a preposition, and "Tom and I" are, in this case, objects of the preposition.

Any pronouns that are "objects of a preposition" HAVE to be in the objective case.

"!" is in the nominative case. Won't work here...

It has to be "with Tom and me."

Nobody should get out of the fifth grade, much less college, without knowing that...

Just a passing comment...

HOWEVER, The post was HILARIOUS!!! LOVED IT!!!

Easier way to figure this out. Remove the other person. "Peace with I" sounds wrong, "Peace with me" is clearly right, so it has to be "Peace with Tom and me". :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back