A must read from NHRA.com (1 Viewer)

Suzanne

Nitro Member
The DRAGSTER Insider
Phil Burgess out does himself again and again, Thanks Phil what an awesome read, and a link to We Did It For Love.com anyone whose never been to this site, its undescribable. :)

"yes, there are dry hops in heaven "

I hope this is the first answer I hear when I reach heaven :D

Great read, had goosebumps as I read it. I couldn't help but hope that our old friend Roger had the best seat in the house.

When I was preparing to make my "IN CELEBRATION OF LIFE" video, in tribute to all those who lost their lives on the Drag Strip, I contacted Don Ewald about using the info on his site to "Attempt" to give some respect to those who had passed on the track... I found so many names, It took me MONTHS to gather all the info. Don graciously helped out and I came up with the video you see YouTube - In celebration of Life!!! here.... When I was in Vegas, I took my son to the Heritage Series Trailer to check out some of the classic cars. I asked Steve Gibbs and John Ewald if I could have my son sit in this car to take a picture,
Drewbankamericar.jpg

because of the history of the car, but also to say thanks to Don Ewald for his help. Please, If you love the sport of Drag Racing, Visit.. Drag Racing, Top Fuel Dragsters, Fuel Funny Cars and Drag Boats

They have done such a great job revisiting, restoring and securing our sports history, not only thru stories, but AMAZING PICTURES AS WELL!

PHIL, You out did yourself bro! Not bad for a Duck Fan!;)

Wow, that caught me completely off guard - I thought I was the only one who remembered my late fiancee, Bill Staley. I usually only cry (every year for the last 16 years) on the anniversary of his death and his birthday, but this article brought me to alot of surprising tears. Still have never been able to go to the Motorplex, though I am a native Texan. Just can't do it. Thanks Phil for a wonderful article. What a wonderful honor.

Kudo's to that! To this day I'm stunned at how many people don't know who Elmer was, just goes to show that Fuel Bike racing doesn't get the ink it deserves!

Sure is Joe. It's quite sad actually, Elmer was one very smart man when it came to nitro. Just ask Jim Head. Mind you last year at Norwalk I bumped into a guy in the stands who had an Elmer tee, like the one I had back home, I said "That's a really nice shirt" We talked about Elmer and fuel bikes for a good 30 minutes. Was cool.

One thing in that article that annoyed me was Phil writing "Elmer's Harley" Now I know Elmer had his time with Harley's but Ill always remember him for his own 4 cylinder Mountain Magic Fuel bikes!! I think most would too.

Phil Burgess talents are equal to any motorsport editor/journalist on the planet today.

We can gleefully bash the foibles of the NHRA heirarchy, but that weekly Phil manages and its' electronic cousin are first class products IMHOP.

But of course they are - Phil carries on the JOURNALISTIC tradition of Wally Parks.

Phil Burgess talents are equal to any motorsport editor/journalist on the planet today.

We can gleefully bash the foibles of the NHRA heirarchy, but that weekly Phil manages and its' electronic cousin are first class products IMHOP.

But of course they are - Phil carries on the JOURNALISTIC tradition of Wally Parks.

I couldn't agree more, Norm. I was happy to see Phil start doing the Insider piece so we could enjoy more of his writing. I know his editorial duties are important, but it's fun to see an expert at work again.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back