A-fuel dragster (TAD) vs top fuel dragster operating costs difference? (3 Viewers)

NITROJUNKIE18

Nitro Member
looked around and couldn't find a direct comparison... anyone have a ball park for A-fuel dragster? would you say it could be done with a much smaller team, even running such high nitro? depending on financial situation are there teams running with no to mild amounts of main sponsors? anyone got experience? i know the costs of a top fuel dragster are practically everywhere i just didn't know how much less A-fuel would be in comparison to its nitro bigger sibling. do you guys think it is to extreme for the weekend warrior? or even a few guys with a flat bed and some trucks full of tools and parts? or do you think at that level should be moving more toward 18 wheelers with 8 spare parts of everything... like the other main nitro classes. let me know what yall think!

Just to throw out something, my vote for all time greatest A/FD would be Gene Adams & Don Enriquez.
On the blown alcohol side, how can we forget the little SBC terror of Rick Santos?

So what's harder on engine parts? Injected nitromethane in an engine that redlines at 6500 or so, or alcohol in an engine with stupid amounts of boost and an RPM limit rivaling that of a Pro Stock engine?

How much to run either, ALL YOU HAVE and as far as 18 wheelers. No big deal there is a 18 wheeler in Jr. dragster class with a complete machine shop on board.
Larry Sutton---🤠
At the local race, a junior got pulled to the line by a full on 2020+ chevy Suburban. I thought Terry Haddock was gonna make a test n tune pass or something lol.

Without running the full tour, some teams have done top fuel on a super budget. I'm talking 90s dually pulling a long gooseneck, and a couple pop up walmart 10x20 canopies vs an awning. Rob Passey is super low budget. Krista Baldwin stayed super low budget for a good while after taking everything over from the Greek. Europe and Australian teams manage to post big numbers also with US hand me downs.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back