'81 Z-28 Transducer question...... (1 Viewer)

Sean D, shondoo

Nitro Member
I posted this on the Bullet yesterday and thought I would give this forum a try as well........

Just put a new transducer and lower speedometer cable on a buddy of mine's '81 Z-28. Speedometer is reading about 4mph faster than actual speed, and when you set the cruise, the car accelerates beyond the set point about 5mph or so.......

All I know when the car came in is that the cruise and speedometer wasn't working, so I can't say for sure whether or not it was reading the correct speed before. My guess is that the two issues are unrelated, but the issue with the substantial increase in speed when you set the cruise has me baffled. Did I mess something up??

Sean D

I had a 86 Camero with a addon cruise, it had a tach wire that went to the cruise box(dunno if the factory stuff is the same) anyways the wire at the attachment got curroded and acused the cruise to drop speen and sometimes speed up. I soldered that connection and no more issues. Dunno why the spedo transducer might cause it to speed up(anything is possible) Good luck!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back