79 years ago... (1 Viewer)

TSK

Staff member
Nitro Member
June 6, 1944, the history, and fate, of the world was changed.
The largest amphibious invasion in history, conducted by Allied forces, turned the tide of the war in the European theater.
Everybody involved was/is a hero in every sense of the word. Unfortunately, as the years go by, the heroes' numbers continue to decline.
We must never forget the sacrifice they made.

June 6, 1944, the history, and fate, of the world was changed.
The largest amphibious invasion in history, conducted by Allied forces, turned the tide of the war in the European theater.
Everybody involved was/is a hero in every sense of the word. Unfortunately, as the years go by, the heroes' numbers continue to decline.
We must never forget the sacrifice they made.

I only knew one man involved. He was operating one of the boats who took the troops to shore. As a 17 or 18 year old at the time his story was quit intense. God bless him and all the others. One of my early bosses as a young man had marched into Paris when the Allies took it back. He said Patton was everything they said he was. That is the only time we ever discussed the war. Recently I learned he had lost a brother in that war. I suppose it was to hard for him to talk about.

Thank you for bring this up. Media has eerily silent about D-Day and how it basically changed the future of the world.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back