60's drag racing pictures by Darwin Busch (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
I have finally gotten around to editing and uploading some pictures taken by my father, Darwin Busch. I'm not sure of the exact years they were taken but I'm guessing roughly 1964-1969. They were taken with a Mamiya-Sekor 500 DTL on slide film and just scanned over the past few months. I doubt anybody except for family and close friends have seen these pictures until now.

Tracks include Cordova, Rockford (Byron) and Great Lakes Dragway. Some of the names: King Cuda, Color Me Gone, Terry Hedrick's Seaton Shaker, Banzai, Ed Schartman, Chi Town Hustler, Fontanini & Nannini, Drag-On-Lady, Grumpy Jenkins, Sox & Martin, Dyno Don Nicholson, Jim Guthrie, Checkmate, Huston Platt Dixie Twister, Hayden Proffitt, Dale Hugger, Arnie Beswick, Bourgeois & Wade, Brutus, Jungle Jim and more.

If you have a Facebook account please feel free to tag the pictures or add any info you might know. I have more to go through so please check back later. If for some reason you can't view them on FB let me know and I'll upload them to Flickr. I hope you enjoy them. :)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.776284505734579.1073741847.714251135271250&type=1

That is awesome shit right there, Brent! Make a kid proud, huh?

Loved the old Cordova pics..cause chances are, my Dad and I were there as well. It was so bare bones back then..lol.

Great stuff...really enjoyed it.

What a great collection! Brings back a lot of memories of the cars that were racing when I was a kid. Many of those I never got to see in person, but saw them frequently gracing the pages of car magazines. Thanks!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back