5.17??? Are you kidding me???? (1 Viewer)

The tad class is my favorite class.

However, I wonder if it's time to cut back to 93% on the afuelers.

Both kinds can run together in a lot of weather.
However, in good air, the top afuelers can still run 0.1 or more quicker than the top blown cars.

The top of both should be running the same #s.

It is a fact that 5.17 is almost a tenth quicker than any blown alcohol car has ever gone. Ever.

Most of the A/FD's have 421 cubic inch motors and run at the minimum weight of 2125 lbs (usually +15-40 pounds to accomodate for the drastically varying scales). There are a few up in the 430-something range if the cars scale heavier but at 5.00 pounds per cubic inch the heft starts adding up quickly.

Most of the A/FD's have 421 cubic inch motors and run at the minimum weight of 2125 lbs (usually +15-40 pounds to accomodate for the drastically varying scales). There are a few up in the 430-something range if the cars scale heavier but at 5.00 pounds per cubic inch the heft starts adding up quickly.

Without the weight of the PSi blower, blanket, drive system, it is easier for an injected car to get to that minimum weight. Most blown cars are overweight by about 40-60 pounds. You wont see too many drivers in the blown cars weighing much over 160 pounds. The A fuel cars however. You don't need to watch your diet as much.

Also as far as the cubic inch of the blown cars. There are two competing theories. Some believe that a smaller engine around 451 cubes can breath better and see more boost and overall be more efficient because at 10.000 rpm the heads are maxed out anyway. Others think its a wash and build 470-480 CI engines that see less boost at the chamber side of the intake valve but do the work with more cubes.

I'm sorry Lori, I thought someone else would jump on this with a quick response. I believe Gary Jr. is wheel man for Brandon Johnson's car this weekend. I know nothing about the longevity of this arrangement.

Unless Johnson's brought out a 2nd car, I doubt that Gary is driving for them this weekend.

Unless Johnson's brought out a 2nd car, I doubt that Gary is driving for them this weekend.

Hanna had mentioned the car during first round audiocast and that Gary is driving it for the first time but I do not recall the owner, It is entered as "fireicegel.com" on the entry list But I only see the teams of Jim Dunn and Foley and Lewis mentioned on the fireicegel web site

You are probably right Ginger. I swear I heard the announcer say that Gary was driving for Brandon however, I also see Brandon driving his own car and I'm now confused? Sorry for any mixup my aged mind has caused.

HOW ABOUT THAT BILLET BULLET!!!! WAY TO GO Mr. MARK NIVER!!! 2nd WALLY in his Career... 2nd Win this year!!!

Congrats to Mark and his team!

10-4 Timmah!!! He was pretty funny in the winners circle; or maybe that was just Alan harassing him!!!;)

CONGRATS!!! :):)

Sorry guys and gals,
Gary Ormsby is driving for Hugh Ridley a local fellow from Mission BC. Congrats to Hugh and Jeff Johnson the crewchief for your first 5.49. You are stepping up. Way to go.

10-4 Timmah!!! He was pretty funny in the winners circle; or maybe that was just Alan harassing him!!!;)

CONGRATS!!!

YEAH SO FUNNY THROWING HIS CREW (ME INCLUDED) UNDER THE BUS!!! We told him to have fun loading the car by himself and we were going to be very entertained watching him START IT ON HIS OWN THIS WEEKEND! hee hee... Its all fun and games until someone gets shot in the leg! haa haa..

Seriously though, Thanks for the congrats, it was an awesome day!!!

Performance advantage? What performance advantage? Why Jim Whitely, Shawn Cowie and Marty Thacker still fight that losing battle is beyond me. They need to join Sean O'Bannon, Jay Payne, Jeff Wilson, Mic Snider, Lee Calloway and Don Hudson and make the switch to FC!:rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back