3rd Nitro Qual. Session Moved Up??? (1 Viewer)

na

Nitro Member
Just read on DRC that tomorrow's 3rd session will moved to earlier tomorrow morning. Anyone listening to the simulcast hear anything about what time? I'm going to Sonoma in the morning and plan to arrive at 10am before the 10:30 PS session an don't want to be late for Nitro. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

Believe Nitro starts at noon (Bob just said so)... PS is gonna be a little earlier Alky in between along with a couple of rounds of sportsman

think TF is gonna be called at 10 PM in like 10 minutes.... still cleaning

This 10PM thing is a joke. What would happen if we just ran past it? Who's gonna get yelled at or arrested?

Dave

They just pulled the plug and I just tunned in so I have no idea what is going on.

Just when you think NHRA can't do anything else totally stupid, they do something else. Only half the T/F field got to make session #2. IMHO those runs shouldn't count unless the rest of the cars get to finish that session tomorrow. Absolutely unfair to those who didn't get to run.

So much for their wiz-bang TV package. NASCAR is on ESPN2 a bunch of times Saturday, so what happens????....NHRA gets moved. Guess that's better than what I just turned on, which was the Spanish version of ESPN2 on the regular channel. Unbelievable!

To boot, the track is in the middle of nowhere.

There is a retired judge (or so I was told a couple of years ago) living on a hill not too far from the track, poised to dial the sheriff if they run late. Fines and political flak potentially ensue if that happens.

And yes the track was there first, but you know how that argument goes.

NHRA once again shows that they can't get their shit together. No wonder why our sport doesn't get the respect and exposure it deserves: we have morons that can't even make qualifying go smoothly running the show. :rolleyes: Now we have TF with only half the cars getting to run in probably the best weather of the weekend and the other 1/2 of the field gets to grab their ankles and take another NHRA screwing.

Part of the reason for the TV time switch on Saturday is that the Brickyard 400 practice session got rained out on Friday. They will practice early today and qualify late in the afternoon. At least they are pluging in an hour of NHRA quaifying in the afternoon rather than simply giving us "all NASCAR all the time" like Speed channel did.

Roo

I thought ESPN, not the Deuce, was supposed to be the channel for Cup coverage? I sure hope NHRA gets refunds when they are bumped to ridiculous timeslots. Cup stuff sure has the ESPN2 schedule screwed up today.

On the bright side - since they are now on when there's nothing else being broadcast but infomercials, the ratings should go up!!

Alan said on the Audiocast... ESPN2 is going live at 3eastern... ie Noon in California....

so a bad thing is going to be a good thing:D

That is true Karl...
3rd round of qualifying will be LIVE!! LIVE!! LIVE!! :D
Now round 4, ???????????????? I guess we wont be seeing any of that... :rolleyes:

BTW- There is one guy who lives on one of those mountains, and it's "that guy" that's the reason for the curfew... :rolleyes:

I think they are going to show another qualifying at 2-3am I don't know if it will be a "RE-Pete" or round 4 .. ? Can someone let us know..

Here is what is posted on NHRA Web Site....

" Saturday's qualifying show from Infineon Raceway, originally scheduled to air between 6-7:30 p.m. Eastern, will now air from 3-4:30 p.m. Eastern with an additional 90 minutes to be broadcast between 2-3:30 a.m. Eastern."

Last edited:
I think they are going to show another qualifying at 2-3am I don't know if it will be a "RE-Pete" or round 4 .. ? Can someone let us know..

Here is what is posted on NHRA Web Site....

" Saturday's qualifying show from Infineon Raceway, originally scheduled to air between 6-7:30 p.m. Eastern, will now air from 3-4:30 p.m. Eastern with an additional 90 minutes to be broadcast between 2-3:30 a.m. Eastern."

COOL, Thanks John... :)
Still working on my first cup of joe here J... :eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back