2nd Gainesville? (1 Viewer)

force fan

Nitro Member
When we got to our vehicle after eliminations on Sunday there was a flier on the windshield about 1 race not being enough in Gainesville and how would we like a 2nd race. There was no contact or reply to info so I was wondering if anyone has heard anything more on this? I would wholeheartedly agree with another race at Gainesville!!!!!!:D

After seeing what happened to Chicago/Houston and Dallas with the 2nd race experieriment, I doubt it will happen Lynn.

I would love to see a late summer night event in Gainesville. Personally i think it'd be a big hit,Us southern people love our drag racin!! I've heard talk about it for awhile,but nothin yet.

I think NHRA needs to focus on getting people to the events they have as opposed to adding yet another race!

After seeing what happened to Chicago/Houston and Dallas with the 2nd race experieriment, I doubt it will happen Lynn.

I think if one track on the tour could handle a second race it would be Gainesville, but just not right now in this economic climate. GainesVAIL (sorry Joe, had to try and fit one in somewhere) has one thing going for it those other tracks do not, a built in major tourist area 100 or so miles away in Orlando. If you took a survey of racers and fans who do not live in the immediate area I think you would find quite a few of them spend a few days on either side in the area. That's not to say they are going to visit each time but you would be able to get other racer/fans there. I think a September date would be the best as to spread each race almost 6 months from each other.

But isn't the facility owned by NHRA? That way they get to keep all the gate receipts without splitting it with the track owner...

I'd be surprised if it happened. As someone eluded to, the FTDRS big show is already stretched pretty thin. The amount of days they spend on the road from December to November is astounding. Someone told me once but I forgot exactly - it was something like 250 days a year. That equates to alot of miles and diesel fuel.

and you've got palm beach int'l. in similar area.

take a look at F1 and all the circuits worldwide that have/had races,
it's amazing how many there are.
read that the shanghai circuit built just 5 years ago is already
considering canceling it's annual f1 race as it has become a
financial disaster.

I still think it would be a good thing. Just get rid of some of the less attended races and add another here. Gainesville is one of the highest attended races if not the highest.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back