2018 Brickyard 400 six days after US Nationals (1 Viewer)

And a second Vegas race the week after that, in September, when it is still 100+ outside. I hope it is a night race.

I don't think the NASCAR race will affect the US Nationals a tremendous amount. Obviously, the scheduling isn't ideal, but they seem to be pretty separate crowds these days. It might make media attention a little tougher, but I predict the gate will be roughly the same. Besides, the brickyard is a terrible place for NASCAR, the races are always boring. And I say that as someone who has had a life long love affair with the Brickyard for the 500.

I agree, hope there isn't a rainout! One thing that might become an interesting NHRA schedule shakeup is the fact that Joliet moves back to July 1st for NASCAR. I don't think they would run the cup race, then NHRA just a few days later across the street. You never know! It might be possible. I could see Joliet moving back into the late fall like it used to be when it had a 2nd national event on tour and perhaps Gateway moving back to July. That would be an interesting race swap! Too bad there aren't any bonus points for records anymore.

Nevermind, looks like we're swapping with Epping... boo. Oh well. Wonder is that means the divisional event normally contested this past weekend moves to September instead.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back