2009 NHRA Supernationals TAFC (2 Viewers)

NYNitro86

Nitro Member
2009 NHRA Supernationals entries

I wonder if for this year's Englishtown nationals will we

1. have a good crop of ex-IHRA funny car drivers besides Fred Tigges (ie Neal Parker, Rob Atchinson, Laurie Cannister, Larry Dobbs etc)

2. Speaking of Laurie Cannister, if She races @ E-town, will we see the most Female Alcohol Funny car drivers in a national event (Alexis De Jouria is on the entry list, and I bet Bunny Burkett will of course be there and if Cannister races), taking another milestone from Phoenix 92?

Last edited:
It would be cool if all those Ladies showed up, however... There will NEVER be another Phoenix 92. :)

1. have a good crop of ex-IHRA funny car drivers besides Fred Tigges (ie Neal Parker, Rob Atchinson, Laurie Cannister, Larry Dobbs etc)

2. Speaking of Laurie Cannister, if She races @ E-town, will we see the most Female Alcohol Funny car drivers in a national event (Alexis De Jouria is on the entry list, and I bet Bunny Burkett will of course be there and if Cannister races), taking another milestone from Phoenix 92?

Laurie is temporarily parked, and Englishtown was never on the original schedule.

At best, I would say maybe ... based on the entries at the D1 opener last weekend in Virginia.

147 Fred Tigges, Holbrook MA, '01 Avenger 5.736 255.19 255.19
172 Neal Parker, Millville NJ, '05 Monte Carlo 5.830 241.71 241.71
193 Larry Dobbs, Welland ON, '01 Corvette 5.999 235.31 235.31
3990 Rob Atchison, London ON, '06 Monte Carlo 6.009 243.63 243.63

However, the pre-entered list for E-Town is already shaping up to be quite a battle and may become a deterrent to excessive IHRA crossover. But with D3 racing at Chicago the same weekend, there may be a small(er) field at E-Town which could present opportunity for the IHRA cars to qualify for sure.

Frank Manzo, Mickey Ferro, Marty Nothstein, Eric Lourie, Frederick Tigges, Marc White, Tony Bartone, John Anderika, and Alexis De Joria are all pre-entered and capable of winning.

At best, I would say maybe ... based on the entries at the D1 opener last weekend in Virginia.

147 Fred Tigges, Holbrook MA, '01 Avenger 5.736 255.19 255.19
172 Neal Parker, Millville NJ, '05 Monte Carlo 5.830 241.71 241.71
193 Larry Dobbs, Welland ON, '01 Corvette 5.999 235.31 235.31
3990 Rob Atchison, London ON, '06 Monte Carlo 6.009 243.63 243.63

However, the pre-entered list for E-Town is already shaping up to be quite a battle and may become a deterrent to excessive IHRA crossover. But with D3 racing at Chicago the same weekend, there may be a small(er) field at E-Town which could present opportunity for the IHRA cars to qualify for sure.

Frank Manzo, Mickey Ferro, Marty Nothstein, Eric Lourie, Frederick Tigges, Marc White, Tony Bartone, John Anderika, and Alexis De Joria are all pre-entered and capable of winning.

I hope the fuel teams can have good more than 16 entries, top fuel currently has 12 hoping for 5 more to come over (three of them being Scott Palmer, Doug Foley & Bobby Lagana Jr.) and funny car has 14, i'd hate it if the pro teams has just as many entries as Top Alcohol dragster which usually has a short field especially in the past couple years.

I hope the fuel teams can have good more than 16 entries, top fuel currently has 12 hoping for 5 more to come over (three of them being Scott Palmer, Doug Foley & Bobby Lagana Jr.) and funny car has 14, i'd hate it if the pro teams has just as many entries as Top Alcohol dragster which usually has a short field especially in the past couple years.

Maybe he'll chime in, but gotta think Bobby Lagana will likely be in Tulsa that weekend for the IHRA race.:confused:

you can't just show up for a nhra national event. you must pre-enter, but first you have to meet the eligibility grade points that are required and received by going to divisional races.

Maybe he'll chime in, but gotta think Bobby Lagana will likely be in Tulsa that weekend for the IHRA race.:confused:
Tough call for Bobby, with no points fund in IHRA and Englishtown his home track, what do you do? Nice to see Rit Pustari getting back out with his car at Etown

Paul

Tough call for Bobby, with no points fund in IHRA and Englishtown his home track, what do you do? Nice to see Rit Pustari getting back out with his car at Etown

Paul

also Lagana has hung with the big boys quite well, got round wins at gainesville & Atlanta, can be a sleeper in eliminations even the Sarge might need to be aware of :p

you can't just show up for a nhra national event. you must pre-enter, but first you have to meet the eligibility grade points that are required and received by going to divisional races.

Exactly Bruce ... this thread kind of got derailed.

Probably safe to say Neal Parker, Larry Dobbs, nor Rob Atchison have the required grade points. Besides, since they are both from London Ontario I would bet a safer bet might be D3 in Chicago that weekend to earn some grade points toward National events later in the season.

I'll make this thread have to do more about the 2009 NHRA SuperNationals Entries because now Michelle Costa is coming back to Comp, Brittany & Courtney Force both make their Raceway Park debuts, and Dave Yediny makes his debut in the ex-allyn Armstrong "Little Opel That Could" that was bought by Charlie Greco in the end of 07, I'm looking more forward to it, plus the Return of Kenny Delco with Bob Perry and Joe Castaldo Jr debuting with Gary Chimeri of Long Island Dragway fame

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back