2007 Awards Ceremony on TV (1 Viewer)

LMFAO, Jenn!!! :D

One thing I wondered about, isn't it a faux pas to wear the same gown two years in a row? Melanie wore that same gown last year. :eek:

I think that's the gown she wore for the ESPN awards deal that she went to last year.

From everybody I've talked to who's attended those things, they tell me the TV version of this show kills it! Last year I heard they had a really funny skit that got edited out. I sure wish NHRA would consider selling DVD's of the whole thing.

I've never see J.R. Todd up close in person. But I was reviewing the awards banquet pics (posted here earlier in another thread) and realized he only comes to about Doug Herbert's upper abdomen!! That's comical. Nothing comical about his driving though ~ he kicked my favorite teams' butt quite a few times all year. He's a hell of a race car driver.

I've never see J.R. Todd up close in person. But I was reviewing the awards banquet pics (posted here earlier in another thread) and realized he only comes to about Doug Herbert's upper abdomen!! That's comical. Nothing comical about his driving though ~ he kicked my favorite teams' butt quite a few times all year. He's a hell of a race car driver.

I second that one and a hell of a nice guy to boot:)

LMFAO, Jenn!!! :D

One thing I wondered about, isn't it a faux pas to wear the same gown two years in a row? Melanie wore that same gown last year. :eek:

My kinda girl,she'd look good in a burlap bag. Too bad she wasn't entered in that sexiest athlete thing, she would get my vote over Ashley and Danica.

My kinda girl,she'd look good in a burlap bag. Too bad she wasn't entered in that sexiest athlete thing, she would get my vote over Ashley and Danica.
The thing is Mel and Ashley don't need alot of makeup and things to make them look pretty.They are natural beauties.:)

To squeeze the show into an hour they generally do a lot of cutting and editing. It usually ends up rather choppy and the great skits that are shown there never make it to TV.

Funny cuz showing the racers away from the track, doing funny things could be a selling point

You gays crack me up on the dress. How many suits do you guys own, and how many times have they been worn to different functions? Melanie is a racer, I'm sure she's probably not one to go out buying extravagant dresses on a monthly basis, and probably hates wearing them as much as male racers hate wearing suits! :cool:

You gays crack me up on the dress. How many suits do you guys own, and how many times have they been worn to different functions? Melanie is a racer, I'm sure she's probably not one to go out buying extravagant dresses on a monthly basis, and probably hates wearing them as much as male racers hate wearing suits! :cool:

I own one, believe it's about ten or so now, black...
If a need a tux, I'll rent it...
heck, all my ties are at least 10-15 years old... dress shirts are replaced every year, but I wear them daily with jeans:eek:

as far as wearing the same dress twice, well yeah, I'm good with that... at the cost of a gown, why should a lady wear it just once? It's the 75 pairs of shoes I don't understand:D

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back