1972 world championTrojan Horse Mustang die cast (1 Viewer)

Larry jr.

Nitro Member
The 1972 world champion Trojan Horse Mustang of Doheny and Fullerton is coming out as part of the Ledgends of the Quarter Mile line with round 2.

I have just approved the artwork and signed the contract.
The cars are expected out just before the 2014 March Meet.
They are 1/18th scale and in full detail of the car.

We are exited to have them out and honered to be know as one of the Ledgends of the Quarter Mile............LF

Last edited:
Looking forward to it Larry, but gotta be 1/18 or 1/16? No matter what size, gonna be cool...

I never got to see the 72 car run. Several of the Mustang II versions match raced at Blaney Drag Strip (SC). One such occasion we were getting our BB/FC license (1978) and your Dad and Dale Pulde oversaw the process. Larry Sr. gave my driver (Gary Clark) the blindfold test, pointing to the burnt goggles outline around his eyes and said "this is why you need to know where everything is inside your car." He and Pulde also asked Gary what he had driven before, and he answered "I had a V8 Falcon in high school"...they just shook their heads. We were quite nervous with two legends watching a bunch of rookies with their first race car...but they were great about it. After the first burnout and run, they said "if nothing else they have a driver.''

I miss the 70s Funny Cars; they had names like Blue Max, Trojan Horse, War Eagle, Chi Town Hustler, etc. At least some make comebacks in nostalgia and/or die cast!

Dave that story is awsome, funny those kind of things still go on from time to time,although fewer and further between, yes there was something very special about racing back then, something that is almost lost....... But at least were were there to see it..Right.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back