1000ft new rules -will IHRA follow??? (1 Viewer)

Oildowns slows the show down, If IHRA goes to a 1000 feet it's not because of speed issues, alot of the oildowns happen at the last 320 feet.
MMO... IHRA does taking care of there racers

Paul Weiss

Good question?

IHRA doesn't run as fast as NHRA does anyway. I think the fastest speed I saw at Maryland a few weeks ago was 302mph. Live Nation has time to wait and see though.

Gee, somebody should tell TJ Zizzo that IHRA isn't as fast as NHRA and his 4.609 @ 326.16 he ripped off last year up here in Edmonton (at 2000' to boot) isn't that fast...

It's all about air, altitude, and track conditions. Some guys will run really quickly and some guys will try to save parts and/or not have the combination.

It'd be interesting though to see if IHRA follows this lead. My gut feeling is "yes".

Good question?

IHRA doesn't run as fast as NHRA does anyway. I think the fastest speed I saw at Maryland a few weeks ago was 302mph. Live Nation has time to wait and see though.
Andy, we set the track speed record at Budd's Creek in 2006 at 325mph. I believe Clay Millican reset it last year at 328mph.

I believe we hold the track speed records at Epping(321mph) and Edmonton(326mph). We also are the IHRA 1/8 mile speed record holders at 275mph.

Also, what's to stop NHRA fuel racers from "testing" at IHRA events. I know Aaron P. said he did not want that,but can he stop them?

Andy, we set the track speed record at Budd's Creek in 2006 at 325mph. I believe Clay Millican reset it last year at 328mph.

I believe we hold the track speed records at Epping(321mph) and Edmonton(326mph). We also are the IHRA 1/8 mile speed record holders at 275mph.
Clay ran a 4.601 @ 326.63 at Cordova back in 2002. E.T. and mph were IHRA records at the time. So much for IHRA not going fast. :rolleyes:

I put it on YouTube.
YouTube - Clay Millican at Cordova (2002) IHRA E.T. and MPH records

Also, what's to stop NHRA fuel racers from "testing" at IHRA events. I know Aaron P. said he did not want that,but can he stop them?
They can enter events, but unless they are IHRA regulars, they have to bring their own nitro with them - the IHRA nitro fuel reserves are reserved, at least for this season.

Although I would be completely amazed if NHRA and IHRA discussed the 1000 foot concept, having them follow the same course of action would make the most sense, whether or not the fans and opinions agree with the specific measure.

To hav some sanctioning body agreement would be a significant show of unity, and put first the safety concerns for all associated with the sport. I stringly empasize that putting away the egos involved and putting NHRA and IHRA on the same page would definitely be e benefit for our sport in terms of long terms goals for both associations, competitors, sponsors, and spectators.

I highly uege NHRA and IHRA to open a dialogue to discuss mutual involvement in the proposed ongoing process of making our sport safer for everyone and demonstrating that unlike some other sports, our two sanctioning bodies can work together for the benefit of all concerned.

If NHRA and IHRA can do this, along with PRO and other interested parties, it will have a positive benefit for all of us. It will also demonstrate through action that the sport of drag racing has reached a truly professional level and that has to be good for public awareness, and spectator and competitor participation.

But 325 mph is not an every run event in IHRA.

This year, they were barely cutting 300 mph in Nitro categories.

I've always said I'd like to see what NHRA runs at MIR. MIR is a fast track for anything, I wouldn't be surprised if records fell IF NHRA teams raced at MIR.

They can enter events, but unless they are IHRA regulars, they have to bring their own nitro with them - the IHRA nitro fuel reserves are reserved, at least for this season.

IHRA blocked NHRA teams from entering the President's Cup Nationals, and I can't blame them on this.

IHRA NitroJam is very much blue-collar racing, people who work Mon-Fri jobs and invest time and energy into their teams. They don't have many of the luxuries NHRA Full Throttle Racing Series teams have.

I don't like that they blocked it, because I think having NHRA teams there would've put butts in some of those empty seats, but I can understand.

Now, it would've been cool if they ran the NHRA teams in exhibition rounds after the President's Cup was completed. Again though, c'est la vie.

Not having rain would have put butts in seats at MIR this year.

Jim

Well, whatdya expect? :confused:

It's rained EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND this Spring/Summer here in Southern Maryland. Saturday night's wicked thunderstorm absolutely killed audience.

The storms always seem to make a b-line right for Mechanicsville.:mad::mad::mad:

From a DRC Feature:

""I'd like to see races of all three lengths," he says. "One-quarter mile, one-eighth mile and 1,000 feet, because I like variety." - Aaron Polburn.

IHRA and 1,000 Feet

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back