1000 ft record (1 Viewer)

Super Mod

Nitro Member
Did Schumacher set the current 1000 ft record (is there such a thing yet) ? If not what is it (officially or un)? The DSR outifit is a well oiled unstoppable machine in TF:eek:

Did Schumacher set the current 1000 ft record (is there such a thing yet) ? If not what is it (officially or un)? The DSR outifit is a well oiled unstoppable machine in TF:eek:

NHRA.com still lists 1320' records - no 1000' numbers. Think Tony's bests are 3.80 and 316+. But don't worry, AJ will get it figured out! - :D

Yer right, nhra should have let records be established for 1K'. That is the offical race for nitro now. They would have sold tons of adds in ND.
First oil, first spark plug, first ect, to set record at 1K'.

IMO thay missed an opportunity here.

If they made it to where you could set a 1000' record, it would make the teams turn up the wick to keep resetting it, meaning quicker and faster cars while there trying to figure out how to slow them down.

Just a thought.

Thats the beauty of the 1,000ft deal. They were all ready getting there as quick as they could. So with NO new restrictions (that just cause more breakage) they slowed the cars. Mission accomplished. imo

Thats the beauty of the 1,000ft deal. They were all ready getting there as quick as they could. So with NO new restrictions (that just cause more breakage) they slowed the cars. Mission accomplished. imo

So, are you believing they'll go back to the ¼ mile next season, or stay with 1K?

I once believed they'd go back next season, but now I have some serious doubts.

1K, Here to STAY!

How's than for a new bumper snicker?

With any new rule/class that zeroes the record book, there will follow a relative slew of new records the first season which can skew the championship points in a sort of "unnatural" way.

We have the same issue locally with a bike class that is now a new national championship class and I was thinking (hey...) that one way to somewhat lessen that problem would be to run the current season without points for records but use the fastest backed up ET and speed from 2008 as the base line for getting record points in 2009.

Just a thought. Could work for NHRA TF and FC as well if 1000 ft racing is here to stay.

Regards
PiPPi
http://HarleyDrags.com

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back