Team Press Releases

Johnson will begin his 15th season on the Pro Stock circuit in a brand-new ride Auburn Hills, Mich. — The 2010 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series season will see Team Mopar® driver Allen Johnson take the wheel of a fresh yet also familiar ride. The NHRA Pro Stock veteran began his career in 1996 driving a Dodge Avenger and he will happily return to the car that started it all when he pilots his new 2010 Pro Stock Mopar Dodge Avenger in its competition debut at the 50th Annual Kragen O’Reilly NHRA Winternationals. The historic event is scheduled to take place Feb. 11–14 at Auto Club Raceway at Pomona (Calif.). Johnson will also celebrate his 15th year on the NHRA Pro Stock circuit in 2010. The J&J Racing team owner and driver’s...
POMONA, Calif. (Feb. 9) -- Melanie Troxel may be the quickest female in motorsports and the only woman with victories in both Top Fuel and Funny Car, but even she admits to feeling a little nervous when she began testing her In-N-Out Burger Dodge Charger R/T in anticipation of the 2010 NHRA season. "There were definitely some nerves before that first run," Troxel said as her team completed preseason testing in Las Vegas. "It had been almost a year and a half since I'd been in a Funny Car and I was feeling those butterflies. It was almost like starting from scratch. "I did race Pro Mod several times last year but nothing compares to a nitro Funny Car. The biggest challenge I ended up having was changing the habits I've developed...
[coverattach=1] ‘This format is the best I have ever seen’ raves sportsman competitors NORWALK, Ohio (February 9, 2010) – As it turns out fans weren’t the only ones raving about the new-look Nitro Jam series at last month’s Palm Beach Nitro Jam at Palm Beach International Raceway. With the first national event of 2010 in the books IHRA sportsman competitors have been talking nonstop about the format changes to the Nitro Jam series, going as far as calling it the best format they have ever been a part of. “I have traveled the circuit for 20-plus years. There are very few folks that have put on the miles we have. It was such a good feeling to win a race like this. We got treated better than the pros,” said Hot Rod competitor...
HOUSTON (Feb. 9) -- As tickets for the 23rd annual O’Reilly NHRA Spring National continue to sell at a record pace, officials at Houston Raceway Park are stomping on the accelerator and offering yet another hard-to-refuse purchasing option for race fans. The newly announced 50/50 Payment Plan option allows consumers to get tickets for the event, which runs from April 9-11, right now while deferring half the cost until March. Interested participants buying tickets at HoustonRaceway.com simply select "Payment Plan" at checkout to activate the offer. Upon approval, tickets will be emailed within minutes to print directly from a home or office computer. "We're listening to the various needs of our loyal customers and this is something...
Mooresville, N.C., February 9, 2010 – With only three days before the official start of the 2010 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing season, it would seem strange that Pro Stock standout Greg Anderson would be worried. After all, over the past seven years, Anderson and his Summit Racing team have established themselves as one of the elite teams in the sport’s most competitive class, with a record of consistent excellence unmatched by any of their competitors. In addition, following a successful test session in Bradenton two weeks ago, all signs point towards the KB Racing crew once again contending for the title. Even so, as the straight-line set heads to Pomona, CA for this weekend’s Kragen O’Reilly Winternationals, the three-time...
[coverattach=1]BROWNSBURG, Ind. (Feb. 9, 2010) - Don Schumacher announced today that Sears, Roebuck and Co.'s iconic brand DieHard will be the primary sponsor of the Dodge Funny Car driven by Matt Hagan in the 2010 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series. The DieHard brand has been marketed by Sears since 1967. To help promote the DieHard battery chargers, portable power and inverters, Don Schumacher Racing will campaign the DieHard Dodge Funny Car, with associate sponsorship from shelor.com, in the 2010 NHRA series. "We at DSR are proud to welcome DieHard into our family of outstanding supporters of our team," said Schumacher, DSR team owner. "The brand has been synonymous with automobile racing for 43 years, and we expect to...
POMONA, Calif. (February 8, 2010) -- When Terry McMillen rolls the Amalie Oil Top Fuel dragster into the staging beams at Auto Club Raceway, it won't be the first time he's inched forward to turn on the bulbs at a drag strip. However, it will be his first time at the NHRA Winternationals. When the 50th running of the NHRA Winternationals takes place this weekend (Feb 11-14), it will not only mark McMillen's first runs in Pomona, but also the beginning of his first full NHRA season. "We've never been more prepared to start a season than we are right now," McMillen said. "Yet in the back of my mind, I still have to wonder if it's enough. There are a lot of strong teams out here. We know it won't be easy to make the Countdown to...
[coverattach=1]Danville, Calif. - It’s been said, you have to learn to walk before you can run. For the newly formed Lescure – August Motorsports team, lessons learned in a decade of racing in the Top Alcohol Funny Car division will pay dividends as they plan to make their NHRA Top Fuel Dragster debut at their home track, Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, Calif. during the Fram Autolite NHRA Nationals, July 2010. The partnership between Mike Lescure, President of the Lescure Company Inc. ( Lescure Company - Complete Mechanical Services since 1947 ), the San Francisco bay area’s leading provider of plumbing and heating services and NHRA Division 7 Top Alcohol Funny Car and Top Fuel driver Ron August Jr., began thirty years ago though...
Guests include John Force, Ashley Force, Bernstein, Brown, Coughlin, Anderson, Hight HOLLYWOOD, FL (February 8, 2010) – In commemoration of the 50th annual NHRA Winternationals in Pomona, CA, WFO Radio with Joe Castello will broadcast two special shows live from the event and featuring the stars of the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series. WFO Radio with Joe Castello will broadcast live on Friday, February 12, 3 - 5 p.m. ET (noon - 2 p.m. PT) and on Saturday, February 13, 1 - 3 p.m. ET (10 a.m. - noon PT) from the media center at the Auto Club Raceway at Pomona. To listen live, on demand, or to download, go to WFO Radio - Hit The Ignition! Confirmed guests on the live broadcast of WFO Radio at the 50th annual NHRA...
Back