You're Welcome (2 Viewers)

none

Nitro Member
For every thread and comment when FOX cut coverage short, or started late, or missed whatever.
Not one Atta Boy! for last Friday night, when we were delayed by rain, and then had an oil down first car down the track and FOX stayed with us over an hour past our scheduled time and showed every Nitro Car that went down the track.

I guess I'm really not all that surprised.

Alan

You are such a ray of positivity. There are probably not many people who watch qualifying and then if they used DVR had better set it with extra time. Some may have thought the show was over when the track equipment came out and quit watching. I watched it and enjoyed the show but I feel like you came on here to shit on everyone for no reason.

I guess I’m really not all that surprised.

Last edited:
I saw the live show, enjoyed it, but thought it was running long because something else may have been rain delayed....score one for us guys once in a while

but what do I know, I was in a coma for four days....... ;)

You are such a ray of positivity. There are probably not many people who watch qualifying and then if they used DVR had better set it with extra time. Some may have thought the show was over when the track equipment came out and quit watching. I watched it and enjoyed the show but I feel like you came on here to shit on everyone for no reason.

I guess I’m really not all that surprised.

I just think that for those who complain loudly every time they think they got shorted, it's not too much to expect a "Thank You" or "Nice Job" when you get a bonus. If you're not one of the complainers then I'm not talking to you.

And it's not me that I think deserves the thanks, I had nothing to do with it.

Alan

My YouTube TV DVR Library recorded the entire thing! Woo Hoo! thanks Fox and thanks YouTube TV!!!

I didn't originally post anything regarding the coverage Friday night but I will say that I thought FOX did a good job with the hand they were dealt. We as fans finally caught a break due to the Ohio State rain delay. I recall discussing this with my wife during the coverage. Without that delay the coverage would have been a bust although no fault of FOX. That is why I always add an hour to my DVR recordings. Obviously the absolute worst case scenario for live drag racing is of course a ran delay but then to back up the delay with a first run oil down is an absolute nightmare. I have spent many hours in the seats during these down times. It didn't seem quite as long from the recliner. ;)

I just think that for those who complain loudly every time they think they got shorted, it's not too much to expect a "Thank You" or "Nice Job" when you get a bonus. If you're not one of the complainers then I'm not talking to you.

Alan

Complainers are gonna complain about anything, they would complain if they get hung with a used rope.

Rick

I stream with Firestick and HULU and I have to say thanks to Fox Sport. There's hardly a day go buy that theres NHRA Drag Racing. A lot more coverage than Nascar or any other Auto Racing venue ever thought of getting

what I find entertaining is how alan protects his employer, like a momma bear protects its cub. any slight or opposing thought against the NHRA and just wait for the 'red font' to come to its defense. They should put Alan R. on the board of directors, not for his announcing, but for his social media defense of the company, over the years.

I agree 100% with Dave Major's reply above.
This is the first I saw of Alan Reinhart's 'red font' comments.
Fox did a great job with the live qualifying coverage considering the very early oildown of the track. But I have to agree that the only reason we received additional coverage was because of the college baseball rain delay. I also mentioned this to my wife during the television coverage.
When programming the DVR to record NHRA event coverage I always check out what program is preceding the NHRA coverage. If another live sporting event - no matter what sport it may be - I add an hour to the end of the recording because I know that the beginning of the coverage may get bumped back.
Thank you to FOX for sticking with the coverage through the college baseball rain delay.

Alan

I don't know if I have complained or not but your blanket statement includes anyone who has had anything negative to say. There are some intelligent and justified critiques that have been made. Then you have as one said "haters gonna hate". Why do you continue to acknowledge posters who are always negative? Better yet you did it by starting another negative thread on the subject. You could have very easily worded it in a positive way but you took the low road and grouped everyone who has ever constructively said anything with the irrational ones who will never have anything nice to say. One would think since you sit on a pedestal to some around here you would try to spread more positivity but no you continue to waste your time attacking simpletons.

I don't know if I have complained or not but your blanket statement includes anyone who has had anything negative to say. There are some intelligent and justified critiques that have been made. Then you have as one said "haters gonna hate". Why do you continue to acknowledge posters who are always negative? Better yet you did it by starting another negative thread on the subject. You could have very easily worded it in a positive way but you took the low road and grouped everyone who has ever constructively said anything with the irrational ones who will never have anything nice to say. One would think since you sit on a pedestal to some around here you would try to spread more positivity but no you continue to waste your time attacking simpletons.

I agree that there have been intelligent and justified critiques made, I'm not referencing those. And I wasn't intending to paint with such a wide brush as to include "Everyone who who has ever constructively said anything with the irrational ones who will never have anything nice to say." I specifically in my second post stated that if you're not in a specific group then I'm not talking to you.

If I say "This is for you Pro Stock haters" Then I'm talking to a specific group, not to everyone who reads my post. But the people who I am talking to know who they are.

If you follow me on Twitter then you would know that when the airlines screw up I call them out. And when they give me good service (like yesterday) I send them kudos.

I do find it interesting that you accuse me of lumping everyone together and in the next breath you call everyone "Simpletons"

Alan

I agree that there have been intelligent and justified critiques made, I'm not referencing those. And I wasn't intending to paint with such a wide brush as to include "Everyone who who has ever constructively said anything with the irrational ones who will never have anything nice to say." I specifically in my second post stated that if you're not in a specific group then I'm not talking to you.

If I say "This is for you Pro Stock haters" Then I'm talking to a specific group, not to everyone who reads my post. But the people who I am talking to know who they are.

If you follow me on Twitter then you would know that when the airlines screw up I call them out. And when they give me good service (like yesterday) I send them kudos.

I do find it interesting that you accuse me of lumping everyone together and in the next breath you call everyone "Simpletons"

Alan
No that was saying you waste your time attacking the irrational ones. At least you can have a normal conversation with the others. Anyone can look back and see you had a problem with anyone who said anything negative on this subject. I don't think it's far fetched that you do group them all together for that reason. In my opinion with all you could and have contributed to the conversations here your constant negativity has done nothing but fuel what you are trying to squash.

No that was saying you waste your time attacking the irrational ones. At least you can have a normal conversation with the others. Anyone can look back and see you had a problem with anyone who said anything negative on this subject. I don't think it's far fetched that you do group them all together for that reason. In my opinion with all you could and have contributed to the conversations here your constant negativity has done nothing but fuel what you are trying to squash.

It is funny that you talk about constant negativity... 🤓
Yes, BTW, you are entitled to your opinion, But so am I, and so is everyone else.

Also, I do set the DVR to record 3 hours over on all racing programs as a default. It works... 👍

Last edited:
It is funny that you talk about constant negativity... 🤓
Yes, BTW, you are entitled to your opinion, But so am I, and so is everyone else.

Also, I do set the DVR to record 3 hours over on all racing programs as a default. It works... 👍

Yea that's not what I was trying to say. That part of the response was not well thought out, lol. What I was trying to say is Alan's constant attacks against anyone he doesn't agree with has fueled the negativity. I believe everyone here deserves to speak their opinion. Alan's response doesn't always give me the impression he does.

For every thread and comment when FOX cut coverage short, or started late, or missed whatever.
Not one Atta Boy! for last Friday night, when we were delayed by rain, and then had an oil down first car down the track and FOX stayed with us over an hour past our scheduled time and showed every Nitro Car that went down the track.

I guess I'm really not all that surprised.

Alan

When they picked me up after falling off my chair because DRAG RACING didn't get cut or preempted, I said Atta Boy! :D

Yea that's not what I was trying to say. That part of the response was not well thought out, lol. What I was trying to say is Alan's constant attacks against anyone he doesn't agree with has fueled the negativity. I believe everyone here deserves to speak their opinion. Alan's response doesn't always give me the impression he does.
Most of the time I think he is closer to right than not.
Most of the time I don't say anything, Sometimes I do when I am tired and cranky... and I should not do that... ~:)~
I did notice they stuck with the broadcast which was cool, and thought to myself about that. Thanks for hanging with the show! 👍

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back