WOW moments of Charlotte (1 Viewer)

stitcherbob

Nitro Member
List them here

I'll start:
TV coverage started ON TIME, primetime (eastern) and runs 3 1/2 hours!
HOLY CRAP the Greek matches Tony Shoe's .099 RT! Maybe 5hour Energy Drink was the answer!
PEDALFEST! Dixon catches Brittany way way down (at least for 1000ft) the track
BOOM Terry McMillan blew the injector hat to smithereenies:eek: and contemplates retirement due to oil down and parts costs

Last edited:
I missed that...anyone catch Mike Dunn hinting he'll still be in the booth (FOX) next year? During the Force interview when John said Jeff Gordon was retiring to an announcer's job.....

the Larry Morgan vs Shane Gray Pro Stock pedal fest:cool: and the launch Nobile got against Anderson:)

Last edited:
I liked the Pro Stock final, when EE got on the radio "I'm revving high and the oil pressure is 4". Ricky Jones comes back with "We're fine, get in there and kick his ass!". EE held it together and strapped a holeshot on Nobile to win.

The best radio moment of the weekend was in the F1 race when the Toro Rosso team told Max Verstappen he had to pull over and let his teammate by with a few laps to go and he very sternly answered "NO!" on the radio. He may be only 17, but he is my new hero. By the way, after the race the team apologized for asking and said Verstappen was right to refuse.

That is part of what's of the problem with teams having more then one race car and always will be.

Back in the 60's promoters would explain the rules of drag racing to many A/FX racers on who would win the match races and if a racer would not go along he found himself on longer part of the promoters traveling show.

Sad but you either played the game or simply went home and raced at your local drag strip.
Jim Hill
http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

I liked the Pro Stock final, when EE got on the radio "I'm revving high and the oil pressure is 4". Ricky Jones comes back with "We're fine, get in there and kick his ass!". EE held it together and strapped a holeshot on Nobile to win.

The best radio moment of the weekend was in the F1 race when the Toro Rosso team told Max Verstappen he had to pull over and let his teammate by with a few laps to go and he very sternly answered "NO!" on the radio. He may be only 17, but he is my new hero. By the way, after the race the team apologized for asking and said Verstappen was right to refuse.
That shows you the level of concentration she has to get the job done. Good driving job!

As for the F1 radio deal, in retrospect, would have been a good time for Max to ask for a large raise...
No raise, no dive... :D
I do applaud his response though.

Don't know if this was the F1 race but how about guy walking down track with 200 mph cars racing by him, he was beered up but was walking facing traffic .

The spider that walked across the camera lens at 22:40 during the broadcast on 3 during the second cleanup...

(BTW- put the motors back in front..... That'll get those tuneups proper....)

The spider that walked across the camera lens at 22:40 during the broadcast on 3 during the second cleanup...
52616210.jpg

I cringed and bet Traxxas did too when Tony made his comment about them breaking all the time.

Liked and was shocked that it started on time. I almost didn't flip over assuming that it wouldn't be on yet.

EE is on point right now. Last couple races have been very impressive. The final round focus with the car having issues was great.

Hoping Connie gets that elusive double.

Felt bad for McMillen, hope he's able to stay out there.

LOL, was looking for the Torrence/Crampton F-word incident and ran across Mike Dunn saying "alright Janice" in the short take about the Nitro Cooker. If that does not ring a bell, watch this short outtake from a Smart Beep pager commercial to the end. Hehe, I am absolutely positive that Mike knew that one, he mimicked it pretty good :)

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back