Worst Pro Stock Crash Ever? (1 Viewer)

I was on the starting line when Sox crashed, working for Roy Hill at the time. It was obviously a really bad crash, but the worst part is that all I could see was smoke and parts flying everywhere - right after Ronnie's car moved hard towards Mike. I was afraid all that smoke and debris was coming from two cars and not one. I didn't have a radio, and the people who did were so concerned with Ronnie at the time I couldn't get anybody to answer if Mike had been involved. It was the most intense and upsetting moment I've ever experienced at a track.

Having said all that, I wasn't there for Bruce's car getting cut in half but agree it was the worst. Allen Johnson and Glidden both walked away from bad ones also.

That's a bad one, but I think in terms of 'how did they survive that' amazement, the Bruce Allen and Kenny Korestky crash in Dallas takes the cake!

I was there and being at night with all the sparks flying and fire it was a gut wrenching sight to see. Was glad to see them both come out of it alive. From my point of view it didn't look like that would be the case.

I agree, Bruce Allen & Kenny Koretsky was the worst. I remember watching Sox's crash on TV & when they got there, you could hear Sox moaning in the car. As many times as he flipped, I thought the worst. What makes me mad is that Sox survived this crash & then gets cancer & dies. arghhhh

But, as always, Pro Mod will outdo Pro Stock.....

You are right Bob,
Pro Mod can be horrific as well. The worst crash we EVER saw was Tim Tindle at the 2013 US Nationals :

We were in the stands near the finish line and got a birds eye view of it. The car going over the guardrail made it so very violent. He received a back injury but I believe fully recovered but I haven't seen him in Pro Mod since.

Single car wrecks are bad enough. But, the Allen/Koretsky two-car wreck still turns my stomach to watch. It's a testament to the strict safety standards and excellent chassis builders that both drivers survived.
Did Bruce Allen drive anymore after that? For some reason, I was thinking he decided to hang up his driving suit.

Single car wrecks are bad enough. But, the Allen/Koretsky two-car wreck still turns my stomach to watch. It's a testament to the strict safety standards and excellent chassis builders that both drivers survived.
Did Bruce Allen drive anymore after that? For some reason, I was thinking he decided to hang up his driving suit.
Pretty sure Bruce never drove after that.

I was there and being at night with all the sparks flying and fire it was a gut wrenching sight to see. Was glad to see them both come out of it alive. From my point of view it didn't look like that would be the case.
So was I, right at the stripe so I got a firsthand look. That was the most intense wreck I've ever seen, either on a racetrack or on a public road. I've never heard one word about Bruce Allen since, where he is, what he's doing or if he's even still alive.

Pretty sure Bruce never drove after that.

No, he didn't.

I drove a couple of cars for Don Coonce's brother for several years, and between that stint and the fact that my Dad went to GM tech school with Don on a regular basis years ago, I got to know Don a little. Don and the Arlington gang are pretty close and the story Don gave me one night is that Bruce's wife didn't come right out and tell him he couldn't drive anymore, but said something along the lines of, "You're not going to get in that car again, are you??". Money was indeed going to stop them at the end of that season, but I'm sure the words of his wife played a role in it, if true. As close as those guys are, I don't doubt what Don said at all.

That was one nasty crash.....

Sean D

The Ronnie Sox crash was brutal, not sure that I remember seeing it before. Kind of crazy how someone zoomed a camera in on his face before he was even out of the car.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back