Will NHRA Tear Down Chips Bike (1 Viewer)

jpee

Nitro Member
OK Chip ran 6.91 but could not back it up.. but he was .05 quicker than the record...anyone think NHRA will take a VERY CLOSE LOOK AT HIS BIKE?

I would expect them too. Not that I think there was anything shady going on but with that big of an improvement I would think they've have to

Blame it on the timing system.:rolleyes: Couple of riders got GREEDY again yesterday and red lit. So page and dunn had to bring up the tree issue again.:rolleyes:

I'd bet the timing system will come under scrutiny again. There didn't seem to be any redlight issues in Denver... of course the bikes don't leave nearly as hard up on the mountain. It'll be interesting to watch, that's for sure.

Returning to the topic at hand, when you win you're subject to scrutiny. It's the rules of the game. As for any extra curricular scrutiny, not likely. In 25-30 years, the closest I can remember George to cheating was figuring out there were advantages to having a lite rider and putting Angelle on the bike. The result of which allowed him to run an extra vacuum pump on the motor. The heaviest bike in the class still made weight and was dominant.

You can bet they were running it on kill, that's why internal parts made contact with the pavement (a first for a Bryce bike that I can remember).

Chip has been running dominant numbers for a few races. The weather just allowed a pass this quick.

I never thought the bike would make it past the scales myself... There is something a little fishy about that kind of performance gain... In my opinion anyway...

im sure if team $humacher has anything to do with it they tear it down completely. congrats to george bryce! the man!

As soon as they ran that 7 teen in the semi's, my wife and I said the same thing, "Sounds like they may have been caught doing something wrong"

They didn't have to do a tear down, that thing was running on kill all day and took itself apart on the last pass. Pretty good sign that George was making more power than usual. Seriously, when was the last time you saw a pro stock bike motor spill it's guts on the track?

They didn't have to do a tear down, that thing was running on kill all day and took itself apart on the last pass. Pretty good sign that George was making more power than usual. Seriously, when was the last time you saw a pro stock bike motor spill it's guts on the track?

I told my dad the same thing. I have never seen a PSB motor scatter like that thing did.

i agree george never has and never will cheat. george and jackie are 2 of the nicest and classiest and most talented people in the nhra!

I would think that the timing sys. on that run was messed up some how. There was not any other bike or car that made that kind of a move in that round. The weather was not as good in that round as it was in the First round Saturday when Anderson set the PS record

Lanny

I would think that the timing sys. on that run was messed up some how. There was not any other bike or car that made that kind of a move in that round. The weather was not as good in that round as it was in the First round Saturday when Anderson set the PS record

Lanny

I doubt the timing issue here, as Ellis has as many passes in the sixes then all the others combined (or close to it). It also looks like his competitors believed the number and if they didn't believe it I'm sure there would have been some mention of it by now.
AND, I think the motor that was in the bike is a believer!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back