Wilkerson and Tasca (1 Viewer)

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
Does anyone know if Wilkerson and Tasca are working together again? That was a nice thing to see I forget how long ago - trailered together and if I recall correctly, shared data or some such. They’re die hard Ford guys. Would be cool to see them work together again if they aren’t already...

Diehard Ford??????
you mean they run Ford decals and a Chrysler HEMI with Ford valve covers...........................
kinda like Force's Camaro decals and Chevy valve covers.................

From what I understand, Wilkerson will get the new Ford bodies once they get them made. Tasca only had one remaining body so the first couple produced will go to Tasca. Wilkerson still has two or three of the older bodies so he doesn’t need them as quickly as Tasca does.

So the guy who has raced Ford day in and out for years gets to wait behind the guy who comes and goes as he feels.................................

From what I understand, Wilkerson will get the new Ford bodies once they get them made. Tasca only had one remaining body so the first couple produced will go to Tasca. Wilkerson still has two or three of the older bodies so he doesn’t need them as quickly as Tasca does.

From what I understand....Ford was not making cars anymore. Get ready for the Ford Edge AA/FC

I see Force has one ready ~:)~

edgefc.jpg

Actually Ken, the guy who is paying for the R&D costs of new bodies and I believe will own the mold, will get them first.

Alan

Ford will continue to make the Mustang and one other small econobox, everything else will be trucks and SUV's

Hopefully someone out there can help me with this: Who decides what bodies get manufactured? I've been around since the early '70's and remember seeing how bodies went from production car to funny car back then. I also seem to remember that it was run whatcha brung back then as well. So aside from manufacturers, who makes the call? I for one would LOVE to see a Challenger F/C, assuming it could look like a Challenger. So why couldn't some lone wolf with deep pockets have a few made as long as it met the requirements? I'm assuming those NHRA requirements are fairly loose and open to interpretation once you meet the height, width, etc. that any body must meet.

I’m no expert on the subject but I don’t know if Mopar would allow a team other than DSR to make or create a Challenger body. That is my biggest issue with NHRA Funny car. The independent teams without factory backing have very few options. I’m not sure that you can get the latest Dodge Charger or Chevrolet Camaro body even if you could afford it. DSR and JFR control who gets those bodies. A new team is limited to the Toyota Camry body or an older Charger, Mustang or Impala.

I’m not positive but it certainly seems that way. Let’s say the new Camaro or Challenger body is a tenth faster than any other body available. Kind of unfair for the rest of the teams who can’t acquire them.

I’m no expert on the subject but I don’t know if Mopar would allow a team other than DSR to make or create a Challenger body. That is my biggest issue with NHRA Funny car. The independent teams without factory backing have very few options. I’m not sure that you can get the latest Dodge Charger or Chevrolet Camaro body even if you could afford it. DSR and JFR control who gets those bodies. A new team is limited to the Toyota Camry body or an older Charger, Mustang or Impala.

I’m not positive but it certainly seems that way. Let’s say the new Camaro or Challenger body is a tenth faster than any other body available. Kind of unfair for the rest of the teams who can’t acquire them.
This is why the actual bodies are so similar. The teams are now trying to refine the current shapes to try and gain a few thousandths of a second. There isn't a tenth to be gained within the current parameters.

Hopefully someone out there can help me with this: Who decides what bodies get manufactured? I've been around since the early '70's and remember seeing how bodies went from production car to funny car back then. I also seem to remember that it was run whatcha brung back then as well. So aside from manufacturers, who makes the call? I for one would LOVE to see a Challenger F/C, assuming it could look like a Challenger. So why couldn't some lone wolf with deep pockets have a few made as long as it met the requirements? I'm assuming those NHRA requirements are fairly loose and open to interpretation once you meet the height, width, etc. that any body must meet.

So would I, but I'm a bit partial since I own a Challenger :)
That being said though, the hope of any of these bodies even remotely resembling their production counterpart is pretty slim. If you look at the shapes without any graphics they all are basically a doorstop with a teardrop/ bubble on top.

So the guy who has raced Ford day in and out for years gets to wait behind the guy who comes and goes as he feels.................................
Tasca is a Big Ford car dealer in New England & definately has an "in" with Ford corporate.

You can make any body that you want. Submit a design to NHRA for approval, then have at it. Remember when Tasca and Outerlimits Offshore Powerboats a few years back made their own Mustang?
http://outerlimitspowerboats.com/assets/press/tasca.pdf

So if you have the budget and the capability, then go for it. At this time MOPAR wants the Funny Car to be a Charger and they're paying the freight, so that's what they are. If DSR wanted to build a Challenger FC they could certainly do it, but they would do it without the financial support of MOPAR. So if it was you, what would you do?

The Challenger is the MOPAR car of choice for the Factory Stock Showdown.

Alan

You can make any body that you want. Submit a design to NHRA for approval, then have at it. Remember when Tasca and Outerlimits Offshore Powerboats a few years back made their own Mustang?
http://outerlimitspowerboats.com/assets/press/tasca.pdf

So if you have the budget and the capability, then go for it. At this time MOPAR wants the Funny Car to be a Charger and they're paying the freight, so that's what they are. If DSR wanted to build a Challenger FC they could certainly do it, but they would do it without the financial support of MOPAR. So if it was you, what would you do?

The Challenger is the MOPAR car of choice for the Factory Stock Showdown.

Alan
Hey Alan, what about TAFC? There is zero diversity, it’s exactly like PS as far as almost all Camaros. Does anyone even make the Mustang body that a lot of alky guys used to run anymore?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back