Why was JR Todd DQ'd? (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
F/C Rd1 aganist Alexis, Todd got the win, but was DQ'd during post race inspection. Anyone know what the deal was? I followed the race on Drag Race Central and that is where I got the info.

The tech guys found something they didn't like after the run and DQed him. Don't think Alan ever said exactly what the infraction was over the PA.

Pretty sure it was something with the heads/headers. Thats what the broadcast said. Poor Alexia, tree is killing her this year.

I bet that DQ put Connie in a good mood. If it was the headers, since they are illegall why were they even in the pits in the first place?

I bet that DQ put Connie in a good mood. If it was the headers, since they are illegall why were they even in the pits in the first place?
Maybe I can answer my own question. Didn't Todd have a match race the week before? If so, maybe the headers was used then and they were in the still in the transporter and the crew put them on by mistake. If that's the case then I'm sure Connie will have a "come to Jesus" meeting with the crew.

since the header angle is measured back from the body (my understanding) there may have been a slight change with the new bodies that wasn't noticed before or they just screwed up. I wonder if they check it when the car is teched before the race?

since the header angle is measured back from the body (my understanding) there may have been a slight change with the new bodies that wasn't noticed before or they just screwed up. I wonder if they check it when the car is teched before the race?
If it was because of the body, wouldnt Dejoria and Capps be in violation as well. Maybe I’m incorrect, but the touring pro cars generally do not go through tech prior to each race. If they have a new car or body they do, but otherwise they do not.

NHRA officials disqualified Todd’s run due to one of the headers being out of tolerance by a small margin.
From post race KMS report

NHRA officials disqualified Todd’s run due to one of the headers being out of tolerance by a small margin.
From post race KMS report
Descibe small tolerance. Was it the header angle? Was it the size (diameter of the tube) of the header? Was it just one header on one side or both sides?

monday on DRC there was a pep-boys all-star callout points update. an asterik next to wilk's name states that if tim qualifies in brainerd,
he locks final spot in shootout, which of course is guaranteed with only 15 FC's ....... anybody know exactly how pep boy all star points are earned?
best i can find is rather ambiguous statement about qualifying points. if that's the case then the field was practically set after Q in topeka.
if pep boy points somehow have something to do with Q and round wins, then JR's DQ is kind of a big deal.

Last edited:
monday on DRC there was a pep-boys all-star callout points update. an asterik next to wilk's name states that if tim qualifies in brainerd,
he locks final spot in shootout, which of course is guaranteed with only 15 FC's ....... anybody know exactly how pep boy all star points are earned?
best i can find is rather ambiguous statement about qualifying points. if that's the case then the field was practically set after Q in topeka.
if pep boy points somehow have something to do with Q and round wins, then JR's DQ is kind of a big deal.
Callout points come from qualifying only. Basically the same way the fields for the old K&N Horsepower Challenge and the Pro Bike Battle were set.

Speaking of that, how about half a dozen "Statements of Action Against Participant" in one day? The Safety Safari might be able to buy another Silverado or two with all this fine money coming in

I thought the same thing. Obviously in Topeka they were checking fire bottles and parachute pins in Top Sportsman.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back