Who will be first div 7 T/D in 5's? (1 Viewer)

McGyver

Nitro Member
With Denny Hills driving his Maximum Horsepower & Machine Built Chevy powered T/D to times of 6.07 at Firebird and then 6.06 at Tucson, the 5.99 ET slip is waiting for some one.
Jim Luttrell driving his Hemi powered dragster is just a tick slower in the ET department but way ahead in MPH.
Hoping the Chevy Powered dragster of Hills can do the trick,,,,,,Soon!:)

Last edited:
Since he's been a first round loser in two events I'm thinking a 5 second run isn't NEARLY as important as going rounds in Top Dragster. That's the way WALLYS are won.

He better fear seasoned veterans like Geneva Nash and Bobby Dye, for example, let alone Chip Rumis and Joe Roubichek (SP?).

They know how to race, and along with about 50 Div 7 others, aren't impressed by time slips that normally wouldn't qualify in the weakest TAD field in the country.

Just an easy win for most of 'em.

Get back on the practice tree. And pay attention to the weather station.

Last edited:
With Denny Hills driving his Maximum Horsepower & Machine Built Chevy powered T/D to times of 6.07 at Firebird and then 6.06 at Tucson, the 5.99 ET slip is waiting for some one.
Jim Luttrell driving his Hemi powered dragster is just a tick slower in the ET department but way ahead in MPH.
Hoping the Chevy Powered dragster of Hills can do the trick,,,,,,Soon!:)

Hmmm . . . do I detect that you might not be entirely unprejudiced in this matter? :D Fun stuff - two teams leanin' on it hard for the honor of being the first to get a run thrown out for going too fast!

Jim, might be a tad prejudiced:D
Denny will run in the fives no doubt, as well as Jim Luttrell.
Probably should have happened at Firebird.
For those that do not know Denny Hills, he is a very good drag racer.
Denny as well as wife Carolyn have many NHRA event wins to their credit.
There is not much to debate about which car is easier to win in a bracket race like T/D.
Just remember as the fields get faster and faster the the slow/consistent cars will not make the program.

Not Many People are Gonna Beat a .009 Package. The Car Runs the Number. The driver is there Too. We had a roll in Vegas Last Year. We'll get it Back.

It was so nice to meet you Lyle, and thank you for the cookies.

My dad was calling you my Oreo Knight, because just before I met you, I'd eaten my last Oreo.

What happened to Carolyn? I thought they'd pushed her off the line?

Since he's been a first round loser in two events I'm thinking a 5 second run isn't NEARLY as important as going rounds in Top Dragster. That's the way WALLYS are won.

He better fear seasoned veterans like Geneva Nash and Bobby Dye, for example, let alone Chip Rumis and Joe Roubichek (SP?).

They know how to race, and along with about 50 Div 7 others, aren't impressed by time slips that normally wouldn't qualify in the weakest TAD field in the country.

Just an easy win for most of 'em.

Get back on the practice tree. And pay attention to the weather station.
As a lowly small block powered 7.50s entry that's seen a few win lights in my lane, I have to agree completely!! :D

It's the same as Comp, very seldom does an A/A or A/D or other fast-class car win eliminator, but it does happen. I think TD is cool, it gives a racer who wants to go real fast but can't step up to TAD or whatever a place to race. And, in some cases you see blown altereds and other cool combos out there adding to the show.

As a lowly small block powered 7.50s entry that's seen a few win lights in my lane, I have to agree completely!!
Greg, unfortunately 7.50's will very rarely make the NHRA T/D show any longer.
Seems I have stirred up quite a few keyboard racers.:p
Just trying to give a nod of recognition to a couple of friends of mine who love to race real fast.

Last edited:
But it sure seems like the vast majority of the winners are running in the 7's not the 6's. Maybe not 7.50's, but there are a lot of 7.20's and .30's out there.

The entire 32 car TD field at last week's IHRA race in Louisiana was in the 6's - the slowest qualifying attempt was a 7.09. Ya'll don't wanna take your mid 7 TD down there and try to run with them boys!

Too quiet around here . . . pot needs stirrin' ! - :D

Man Jim... you're cruel!! :D

It would be nice to see a class that went fast, didn't have "go slow" rules and didn't cost a million bucks to run competitively, huh? Can't have it all I guess... :(

Just trying to give a nod of recognition to a couple of friends of mine who love to race real fast.

I would hardly call Greg a keyboard racer. He's a racer through and through.

I'm very aware of Mr. Stanley's driving/racing capability's.
Unfortunately for Mr. Stanley with his wife having some very serious medical problems I believe he has not been driving as of late.
I'm sure when the time is right he will be back in the drivers seat.
Like I stated before, I was just trying to give a plug for a couple of friends that are driving two very fast cars.
What I do not understand about quite a few members of this board as to why they are so negative about any body's accomplishments unless they happen to be a pro, in a nitro car.

I'm very aware of Mr. Stanley's driving/racing capability's.
Unfortunately for Mr. Stanley with his wife having some very serious medical problems I believe he has not been driving as of late.
I'm sure when the time is right he will be back in the drivers seat.
Like I stated before, I was just trying to give a plug for a couple of friends that are driving two very fast cars.
What I do not understand about quite a few members of this board as to why they are so negative about any body's accomplishments unless they happen to be a pro, in a nitro car.

In my opinoin driving a car doesn't make you a Racer. I also believe you are a Racer long after you are a driver.

Nobody is really discounting the Hill's performance but it'd be hard to brag about something that will get you thrown out of a race.

Show me a T/D that'll run 6.00 with no breakouts to get DQ'd and win the race then I will surely tip my hat.

Otherwise, show me the Wally.

Bruce,

By all means. I was in no way trying to belittle the fact that Denny and Carolyn are hauling ass... they definitely are! But to what end?

Admittedly, 7.50's doesn't qualify at all the races but it sure is/was consistent. When I get my new car put together it will have a small inch big all aluminum big block that should run in the teens at the weight I'm shooting for.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back