Who Will Be Able To Make It Back To Richmond Next Week? (1 Viewer)

NitroRichFire

Nitro Member
Wondering what Maters will be able to make it back to Richmond next week. The change has really messed me up, due to work. I am trying to go for Saturday, however doesn't look good right now.

We'll be there Sat and Sun for sure. I got someone to cover for me at work for Sunday as soon as we got home today.:)

Gonna try to get my sister to go Friday. Roland has to work. Gonna see if a trip to Sephora at Regency Square is enough of a bribe.:D

I'll be back - don't want to miss my 1st national event. My nephew won't be able to go, so my daughter my go in his place. (She REALLY wants to meet Ashley Force.)

Brett

We will be back , left the transporter there as did most teams, wish the drive wasn't 10 hours though, this is getting old with two trips to Reading and now two to VA.

Unless the work nazis stop me, I'll be back on Thursday for the duration. Still in the swamp/RV area.

Murdock.

We will be heading back Wednesday night to Jerico to pick up the Rig then up to Richmond Thursday afternoon. Another 22 hours behind the wheel...oneway.

Is there a re-hab program for this sport? We gotta be nuts.

No rehab, no support groups...jeez it's some times I think it's worse than crack.....:D

We will be there, maybe we will finally get Jerry a lap....Wish I had known we would have an extra month at the shop.

wife's not happy with me but sat and sunday is yes.... friday if I can get off work (no vacation time left) and it's not raining....

Guys... been hooked since mid 60's... been away to raise a family since mid 80's, but, after standing around in the rain for two days... yeah, once you're hook, nothing cures it....:eek:

I wish we could've made some of the meetings this past weekend. Unfortunately, the 6-7 hour drive from NJ turned into a 9 hour drive on Friday when we hit a traffic jam south of Washington DC. We didn't make it to the hotel until 7pm. When they called the race on Saturday, my wife and I just headed home. Unfortunately, my wife has surgery scheduled for tomorrow. I know she's tough. She's already telling me she could travel and wants to go back for the make up weekend. However, I'd rather she stay home and recouperate. Hope to see some of you next year.

Charles, our thoughts and prayers with be with your wife. You are making the right decision. Nothings more important than your health.

I can't. $500 for what turned into a non-race weekend (did get to enjoy Busch gardens but it's NO Powerade Drag Race!) and I've got too much sunk in already.

Charles, our thoughts and prayers with be with your wife. You are making the right decision. Nothings more important than your health.

Richard, thank you for the kind words and the prayers. They definitely helped. She's home now and resting comfortably. She should be up and around in a couple days. For now, she's enjoying having her butler waiting on her hand and foot. :D

Richard, thank you for the kind words and the prayers. They definitely helped. She's home now and resting comfortably. She should be up and around in a couple days. For now, she's enjoying having her butler waiting on her hand and foot. :D

Charles, great news about the wife! Now lets hope that Skoal car ends up in the winners circle on Sunday!

Good news!!!!!!! Now go peel her some grapes!! ;) :D

Thanks guys. The boss is getting back to her old self. As soon as we get some test results back (hopefully) we can put this all behind us. Them grapes is sure tough to peel - went and got her some raisinettes to make up for my ineptitude. :eek:
She still wants to go but we'll stay close to home this weekend. We really wanted to make some of those 'mater meetings - meet some of those cool midatlantic 'maters. If any of you make it up north for Etown next year, drop us a note.
And yes, Richard, we both would love to see that Skoal Chevy win! For those going this weekend, please do us a favor and give those Skoal guys some applause for us. :)

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back