Where were Jamie Howe and Amanda Busick during Reading? (1 Viewer)

TSK

Staff member
Nitro Member
I was in Charlotte, NC since Thursday and got home last night. So, I'm just now watching my recording of the Reading race.
So far, I'm through the first round of nitro racing and have seen only Joe Costello during pit and top-end interviews.
I really like Amanda and Jamie. Did I miss something? Or do they come on later in the broadcast?

didn't see them either. they all have busy schedules. earlier this summer at brainerd for bracket racing. the road course had F4 and SCCA cars running. jamie howe was there
announcing for them. read earlier this year amanda has pretty full schedule that includes other series. maybe nhra saves a few bucks while the girls are hopefully still making money.

I was in Charlotte, NC since Thursday and got home last night. So, I'm just now watching my recording of the Reading race.
So far, I'm through the first round of nitro racing and have seen only Joe Costello during pit and top-end interviews.
I really like Amanda and Jamie. Did I miss something? Or do they come on later in the broadcast?
Ted you were there a week to early...this is the week you should be there. :)

Ted you were there a week to early...this is the week you should be there. :)
Eugene, trust me, I know. But, we were there for the wedding of our daughter's best friend from college. She was our daughter's maid of honor and, in turn, our daughter was her matron of honor. The girl is like a second daughter to me and there was no way I was going to miss the wedding.
What was really bad is that the wedding was on the same day that my Razorbacks smoked the #15 Texass Shorthorns in football. The 40-21 final score was not indicative of how thoroughly we beat those arrogant Shorthorns.
I tried to get her to switch the wedding date to the 18th so I could go to the game and then to zMax for the race because no self respecting Southern football fan schedules their wedding during football season. I was quickly shot down.
I had been giving her a hard time ever since the wedding was announced. As I prepared to leave the reception and was giving the bride a hug, she thanked me for coming and for not leaving early so I could get back to our hotel and watch the game. I showed her my phone on which I was streaming the game. She started laughing and gave me a big hug in return.
There was an auto fair and car show at the track on Saturday but time didn't allow me to get over there as we were staying in Gastonia. So, I took my wife to a knitting store so she could shop for yarn. Talk about taking one for the team.

Eugene, trust me, I know. But, we were there for the wedding of my daughter's best friend from college. She was my daughter's maid of honor and, in turn, my daughter was her matron of honor. The girl is like a second daughter to me and there was no way I was going to miss the wedding.
What was really bad is that the wedding was on the same day that my Razorbacks smoked the #15 Texass Shorthorns in football. The 40-21 final score was not indicative of how thoroughly we beat those arrogant Shorthorns.
I tried to get her to switch the wedding date to the 18th so I could go to the game and then to zMax for the race because no self respecting Southern football fan schedules their wedding during football season. I was quickly shot down.
I had been giving her a hard time ever since the wedding was announced. As I prepared to leave the reception and was giving the bride a hug, she thanked me for coming and for not leaving early so I could get back to our hotel and watch the game. I showed her my phone on which I was streaming the game. She started laughing and gave me a big hug in return.
There was an auto fair and car show at the track on Saturday but time didn't allow me to get over there as we were staying in Gastonia. So, I took my wife to a knitting store so she could shop for yarn. Talk about taking one for the team.
Your family owes you large. :D

I got jammed up Saturday with work so, No Shady Maple and Maple Grove for me this year. Totally sucked but, there is always next year! Eugene, I was gonna mail you a cheese steak omelet but, again, you'll hafta wait for a later date for that! LOL

I got jammed up Saturday with work so, No Shady Maple and Maple Grove for me this year. Totally sucked but, there is always next year! Eugene, I was gonna mail you a cheese steak omelet but, again, you'll hafta wait for a later date for that! LOL
I sure miss the Shady Maples. But, I'm leaving Thur morning for a Fri night slotcar race in Las Vegas and even though I'm planning on being back here in SoCal for a race on Sat... I'm going to find the time to have some prime rib while I'm there. It probably won't be as good as the Wed night prime rib at Shady Maples, but it will have to do... Enough horseradish should do the trick. :D The one thing I do miss about being on the road is eating steak and ribs with Jim and Dianne on Thur nights. :)

Last edited:
Eugene, How you been doing with the slot car races. Hope you been getting more in now that you're not on the road.

Eugene, How you been doing with the slot car races. Hope you been getting more in now that you're not on the road.
I just got back last week from a race in Northern CA and I'm racing in Vegas on Fri night. I won the last three I went to. But, I did come up a little short in a couple big races the past few months. At the Arizona Nationals bracket race I made the bottom 5 out of 300+cars and went .002 red 1 round from the money round. Then in a big bracket race here in SoCal that paid $2700 to the winner I came up 1 round short from the money round. We started at noon on Sat and I was still in at 2.00 am on Sun and then I went .007 red in the bottom 6 cars at 2.05 am. But, I did win the funnycar shootout earlier on Sat morning so I did walk away with $800 so it was still a good weekend. :)

So, Back to the question. Where were Amanda and Jamie? Joe did a good job on the interviews but Amanda and Jamie are really good at what they do and also great to watch😊

I decided to forego the 1 3/4 hr trip to The Grove because I still get tired walking or standing for long periods after my ICU incident. Plus those rains we had flooded my basement bad twice and I had to spend money on pumps, hoses, a new dehumidifier, waterproofing paint and the clean up.....:mad:

Great race, though .....Greg getting up to WJ in wins, Brittany's race day 3.65 333.49 blast, the gorgeous weather (finally!) and TJ winning for Hagen

Last edited:
So, Back to the question. Where were Amanda and Jamie? Joe did a good job on the interviews but Amanda and Jamie are really good at what they do and also great to watch😊
I agree... but that may be a question that Alan Reinhart may have the answer to when he checks in.

didn't see them either. they all have busy schedules. earlier this summer at brainerd for bracket racing. the road course had F4 and SCCA cars running. jamie howe was there
announcing for them. read earlier this year amanda has pretty full schedule that includes other series. maybe nhra saves a few bucks while the girls are hopefully still making money.
I didn’t realize they covered other racing.
The only other racing I watch, besides drag racing, is F1, and I’ve not seen either on that.
I just checked their web sites for more info.
I’d recommend everybody check as well.

I just got back last week from a race in Northern CA and I'm racing in Vegas on Fri night. I won the last three I went to. But, I did come up a little short in a couple big races the past few months. At the Arizona Nationals bracket race I made the bottom 5 out of 300+cars and went .002 red 1 round from the money round. Then in a big bracket race here in SoCal that paid $2700 to the winner I came up 1 round short from the money round. We started at noon on Sat and I was still in at 2.00 am on Sun and then I went .007 red in the bottom 6 cars at 2.05 am. But, I did win the funnycar shootout earlier on Sat morning so I did walk away with $800 so it was still a good weekend. :)
Awesome! You can't win them all but still fun right?

I didn’t realize they covered other racing.
The only other racing I watch, besides drag racing, is F1, and I’ve not seen either on that.
I just checked their web sites for more info.
I’d recommend everybody check as well.
I can't off the top of my head remember what races Amanda and Jamie cover but I've see t.v. coverage of them. I'll hafta look and let you guys know but, they just don't only cover NHRA.

Apparently Amanda does a lot more than just NHRA reporting.

I also have seen Amanda doing upcoming car previews on some Barrett Madison auction shows.recently.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back