When Lawers Guns and Money are not enough (1 Viewer)

We tried track was pretty sketchy we kept slowing it down all day finally made a decent run in finals........not like we are the only ones not beating that car lately lol
Even though I'm a fan of the Torrences, I was really wanting Pat to beat Steve. And not just because Pat was the underdog, but more because I've been a fan of his since I was a kid. Never met Pat, but he's definitely an OG in the Top Fuel ranks, and seems like he's just a cool dude. Great job by you guys!

Kind of surprising he's still racing. I was at Topeka in 1998 when he had his blow over. That was the scariest thing I've ever seen at a drag strip! The rear of the car came down on top of the guard wall, sending one slick flying through the air down the strip, and the other slick flying through the air past the grandstand!

It was really nice seeing that team in the finals. Pat and I were talking for a while in the hotel lobby earlier. I was standing behind the starting line when they ran but because I had changed into street clothes and looked like a tourist heading to the beach one of the part time NHRA officials asked me if I had credentials and while I was getting my hard card out of my wallet they took off and about blew my ear drums out. :)

We tried track was pretty sketchy we kept slowing it down all day finally made a decent run in finals........not like we are the only ones not beating that car lately lol

Your daughter was not happy.

Last edited:
Have to say thanks to crew guys who came and helped out too.....hurt it in the semis had to change motors was a lot easier with extra help.....we had palmers guys richie's guys Doug's guys Billy's guys
That just shows how nice of a racing community it really is out here and how much class Torrance racing has. You guys gave it a good shot, if Steve would have missed a step you would have had him.

Last edited:
Have to say thanks to crew guys who came and helped out too.....hurt it in the semis had to change motors was a lot easier with extra help.....we had palmers guys richie's guys Doug's guys Billy's guys
It was so refreshing to see that racers helping racers still exists. I know the big teams help the smaller, but to see that their own competitor was helping to turn the car around for the finals was just special.
A huge thank you to the Torrence’s specifically, but also Kalitta and others that jumped in for renewing my love for the sport

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back