What time should I get to the track (1 Viewer)

NITRO JUNKIE

Nitro Member
I’m going to Gainesville for the first time and I always hear that you have to get there super early because it takes a while to get in. What time does everybody recommend that I get to the parking lot so I get in when gates open.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Earlier the better. I’ve known people leave their hotel normally 20 min away at 9 Sunday AM and not get in till Top Fuel was almost over.

Go over there at midnight and get in line. Just nap until the sun comes up. :) Story about that: We usta go to Pomona for the Winternats and they would let you in at midnight. Spend all night sitting in the stands & watching for people sneaking in over the fence, etc. When someone made it, everyone would cheer. The track had a big spotlight that they would use to try & catch people. Of course, the bad part was you were up all night & the race became a blur after awhile. heh

What day/days are you going Sam? At most Nationals Saturdays seem to be the most hectic .... and the better the weather, the earlier the onslaught of people. Tailgate your breakfast would be my recommendation. Wish I could be there!

Let's just say that we wake up at 6:30AM on Friday and Saturday and 6:00AM on Sunday. You pretty much have to in order to avoid the ludicrous traffic jam that awaits on CR-225.

What day/days are you going Sam? At most Nationals Saturdays seem to be the most hectic .... and the better the weather, the earlier the onslaught of people. Tailgate your breakfast would be my recommendation. Wish I could be there!
Thank you, me and my dad will be there all 4 days.

I've been to the Gators many times and, like everyone else recommends, get there as early as you can before sunup. This year will probably be worse than ever because of the 50th anniversary.
Another recommendation, don't get in a hurry to leave if you stay for the final TF round. It can take as long to get out as it does to get in. Mull around the pits and watch the crews load the cars
and maybe socialize with them. I did that one year and had a nice conversation with Gary Ormsby and Lee Beard.

Four words, "enter from the North" and you can ignore all of the comments above. I have been going every year to the Gatornationals for the past 10+ years and never have an issue. If you chose to come in from the South, enjoy the traffic.

Four words, "enter from the North" and you can ignore all of the comments above. I have been going every year to the Gatornationals for the past 10+ years and never have an issue. If you chose to come in from the South, enjoy the traffic.

Michael, what road is that?
My wife and I are going on Friday and Sunday.

Michael, what road is that?
My wife and I are going on Friday and Sunday.

Ted, the dragstrip is on North County Road 225. Most everyone enters from the South, which is just North of downtown Gainesville (thus the reason everyone enters from that direction). I typically stay off of exit 384 (State Road 24) close to the Ale House, so I will just run up a few exits to 399 (US 441) and head East. Take a look at the map because there are a few roads that you can take, but you want to get to NW 156th Avenue and go East until it dead ends into North County Road 225. Hang a right and your are 2 minutes from the track. You will know you are in the right place if you see a large purple house on the opposite corner (at the intersection of 156 and 225).

Ted, the dragstrip is on North County Road 225. Most everyone enters from the South, which is just North of downtown Gainesville (thus the reason everyone enters from that direction). I typically stay off of exit 384 (State Road 24) close to the Ale House, so I will just run up a few exits to 399 (US 441) and head East. Take a look at the map because there are a few roads that you can take, but you want to get to NW 156th Avenue and go East until it dead ends into North County Road 225. Hang a right and your are 2 minutes from the track. You will know you are in the right place if you see a large purple house on the opposite corner (at the intersection of 156 and 225).

Great. Thanks. My wife and I are staying about two miles from the Ale House.

I agree with Michael, the year we went we were driving down from the north. I never hit any of the famed traffic I had always heard of.
The way we came (off 10) there was a town or two known for being really strict on the speed limit, so whichever way you go, be careful.

We fly in to Gainesville around noon on Friday. Will there be any trafffic issues heading to the track at that time??

Michael is correct. I have been doing it that way for years. Only way to get to the track, in my opinion. And you will end up parked much closer to the gate so if you have a cooler in the car for when there are breaks in the action, it will not be far away.

We got to the track about an hour ago, using Michael’s directions. The only traffic we encountered was in Gainesville. Once we got out of town it was smooth sailing all the way in.
9B1F6744-EF6E-406E-AF58-98E5CD2F88DE.jpeg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back