What did Kenny say to John? . . . and other questions. (1 Viewer)

Baron

Nitro Member
From time to time (always during NHRA 2Day) Comcast runs one of those annoying, screeching emergency network announcements. I know they have to do it, but they seem to do them at the worst possible times! For example, they never interrupt a commercial to do one.
This morning I missed Kenny Bernstein's comment when he was repeating what he said to John Force re: the Ray Alley kerfuffle. I'd like to know. Please let me know what he said. Thanks.
With the Reading rainout, I watched archive IDR's and IHRA stuff. Is it just me? Why do the announcers have to yell incessantly?
I hope the Broncos win. I could get grouchy.
Cheers,
Ed

I was bit bent when that happened:mad: Hopefully someone clues us in.
S/F
D

I think kB basicly said . So what if Ray got to see computers and run logs.he said it is a world of difference between looking at some computer data and and tuning an actual rwal race car on the track.basicly making it sound like just because he's seen what everyone has or has tried it is no advantage:rolleyes:

Ed, he said something like "John, you have Austion Coil, Bernie, John Medlen, Jimmy Prock and Guido, are you really worried?"

Ed, he said something like "John, you have Austion Coil, Bernie, John Medlen, Jimmy Prock and Guido, are you really worried?"

I doubt very much that he is worried. He's probably just pi$$ed that something like that could happen, which it should have not.

Last edited:
Think of it like this: What if Coil, the best fuel tuner of all time, had the advantage of going to all the fuel teams and saying, "Let me see what you are doing?" Unreal!

And just because you see a read-out..or whatevah..doesn't mean you can translate it into a friggin tune-up. I don't see what the hoopla is all about.

I wonder if NHRA's newest "Nitro Nazi" will have a stipulation in his contract about participating in competition for a period of time after being privy to every team's information.

There's another way of looking at this:
What if . . .

. . . KB has been planning this for a season and Ray Alley knew of his upcoming position with his team. Would he not be seeing everyone's data/equipment/operations in a far different light? Take it one step farther and say that very information is what earned his position?
Just a hypothetical, but another possible angle?

Thanks for the info.
By the bye, the Broncos can count today's "game" in the win column; but it was the sort of thing that should never be shown in public.. . . can't wait for the next race.
Cheers,
Ed

Thanks for the info.
By the bye, the Broncos can count today's "game" in the win column; but it was the sort of thing that should never be shown in public.. . . can't wait for the next race.
Cheers,
Ed

No kidding! I already had a tremendous headache and it didn't help when I'd put my hands on my head to yell "What team are you playing for Plummer?"

Any benifit will end the first change in
Tires
%
Drive gear , Rear Or Blower
Fuel Delivery [ Pumps ]
Traction Control
Clutch Technology
And so on!

All it has really done is kept him current in the way things are done now.

I think that the real issue among teams is having their propriatary (sp) information viewed by someone who now becomes their competitor.

In the business world imagine that a OSHA safety inspector has access to all of a certain kind of shop and sees how everything is done then opens his own shop in the same field. Granted that just because he has seen how it is done does not make him capable of doing it. However the other people whom he has had access to their information feel violated and their trust gone.

I wonder how many of the crew chiefs now will be as willing to share info with the new tech chief???? Perhaps only exactly what is required.......

jim

I am surprised that there was not a non compete clause. Alley should have to sit out for 1 season or 1 yr whichever is less. Not that KB or Alley have intentionally done anything wrong here but it still leads a cloud.

Yes there is a difference between seeing what other teams are doing and being able to do it yourself. A tuneup will not work the same on every car but seeing what others have and are doing does give you a leg up on where to start and could save alot of research trial and error time for them.

Of course this combined with the ultra secret new points scam does smell pretty rotten. I hope its not true that KB was the only racer consulted.

John was pretty awesome during his interview, the media, pryed, chiseled away at him, all but beat on him and all he would say was I am here to race, not play politics. Good for him. And the one other thing that I like that John said was NHRA needs to protect the racers, something like this should never happen again.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back