We are so lucky (1 Viewer)

BaldyLochs

Nitro Member
I just want to say thank you to NHRA and ESPN2; and especially to Don Purdhomme, for his commentary on the TV broadcast and his appearances at the WinterNationals. Awesome person, fierce competitor and a proven champion and legend. We are so lucky! If I had 3 thumbs - the would all be UP! Thank you, Snake!

On the broadcast, they announced the celebrities they're going to have at the next three races. Does anyone know if there's a list of who they're going to have in the booth at the other 18 races???

So many legends and superstars to pick from: Dick LaHaie – Joe Amato – Eddie Hill – Austin coil – the Greek – TV Tommy – Ace McCulloch – Don Schumacher – Kenny Bernstein – just to scratch the surface.

Now, if they wanted to include the professional gasoline classes: then were talking, Bob Glidden – WJ – grumpy Jenkins – Angelle,....
So many greats – so few races.

I'm sure glad I'm not the one that has to choose.

I thought the coverage was great and I don't think there is much they can do to improve what I saw today.

Not to hijack this thread, but this is sort of related to TV coverage. But now that there is no more NHRA Race Day, with no replacement show announced, how does this promote the sport? I know the simple/short answer is that it doesn't. I guess my real question is why we don't have even one pre-race show any more and NASCAR gets what, at least 2?

i'll agree with other comments of really good show last nite.
thank you snake - you were great
hope they do pull a senior racer in for as many broadcasts as possible;
hill/texas
bradley/sonoma
hoover/brainerd
amato/reading
etc.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back