Way to go Sarge! (1 Viewer)

DLB

Nitro Member
Heck, don't think I ever see much on here praising Tony Schumacher and his team. The best you might get is some good words about Alan Johnson, (because they ARE well deserved), but the whole team did a great job today.

I was glad to see them win, and start the streak back to the top. 3 final round appearances in the last 3 races, looking like something familiar. Tony did a nice job in the semi's against Todd pedaling, and AJ even mentioned something about the driver having a part in the team (imagine that).

So for the Army of One, way to go.

And BTW - my mom was melting when he said the win was for his kids at home. I think her exact words were "Awww, he's such a good daddy." My wife was too busy listening the radio in the other room to care. :p

I hate to say this as a Bernstein fan, Schumacher is going to win the championship this year. He is on a roll and I don't see anyone stopping him. Congratulations to Tony, Alan, and crew.

I don't believe Sarge gets his dues here..because it's pretty much been a given..hehe.

Congrats Tony & Team.

Certainly looks like the ARMY train is back on the rails. Congrats to Tony, Alan, and the entire team...great job this weekend...Championship on the horizion.

Congratulations Alan,Tony and team. I don't know if they will win the championship but team Kalitta might have something to say about that.
It is going to get very interesting to say the least.

Congrats to the U.S. Army Top Fuel Team!

But did anyone really NOT see this coming? There is entirely too much talent over there, from Alan Johnson & Tony Schumacher all the way down to the guys washing parts. Remember when Tony ran 4.40's through all four rounds of qualifying and the first two rounds on Sunday in Phoenix before the throttle cable broke in the semi's? That's not struggling, that's a bad break. Sure, the new tire gave Alan a few headaches, but again, we all knew he'd figure it out.

As I said, we had to know they'd right the ship before too long... And I sense Melanie & Dougie didn't distance themselves quite enough to prevent being overtaken. The Sarge is mounting an offensive the likes of which nobody will be able to stop. Either way, the race to the finish in Top Fuel is going to be a lot of fun to watch.

Congrats to the U.S. Army Top Fuel Team!

But did anyone really NOT see this coming? There is entirely too much talent over there, from Alan Johnson & Tony Schumacher all the way down to the guys washing parts. Remember when Tony ran 4.40's through all four rounds of qualifying and the first two rounds on Sunday in Phoenix before the throttle cable broke in the semi's? That's not struggling, that's a bad break. Sure, the new tire gave Alan a few headaches, but again, we all knew he'd figure it out.

As I said, we had to know they'd right the ship before too long... And I sense Melanie & Dougie didn't distance themselves quite enough to prevent being overtaken. The Sarge is mounting an offensive the likes of which nobody will be able to stop. Either way, the race to the finish in Top Fuel is going to be a lot of fun to watch.
I agree with you totally. It was some what of a given.
I suppose the only reason I don't bash Schumacher like a lot of folks and am a "non-fan" pretty much like I am with Greg Anderson is because I liked him from the start pretty much. He has just always kind of been my driver. I actually get aggrevated at all the folks that have jumped on the bandwagon.

I had a lady at the souvenier trailer tell me a couple years ago "you need to get you a new shirt, that the model from 2 years ago." :D I just really didn't want to look like a new fan.

Honestly I think ONE of the only reasons a lot of people don't like Greg Anderson is because he has won so much. And I am sure that's how many are with Tony.

I have actually found myself even liking Greg a little now, since he has been knocked off his pedestal and is showing a human side - but I think there is a big difference in size of the chip on the shoulder between P/S guys that setup their car & drive and T/F guys who pretty much just drive the car. You start removing that chip, and people become more likable.

DLB

If someone would've told me at Chi-town that the Sarge would be in the hunt for a Championship. I would've taken any Bet! GLad that didn't come to pass! This just proves NO points lead is secure.:eek:

His (Tony) chances are good considering they finished strong the last several seasons and and the K-team has slumped at the same time. Also, the Bud team has missed some good opportunities the last two events. Does anyone think if Doug K is still in the hunt late in the season that Scott may return in a TF car as a blocker?

His (Tony) chances are good considering they finished strong the last several seasons and and the K-team has slumped at the same time. Also, the Bud team has missed some good opportunities the last two events. Does anyone think if Doug K is still in the hunt late in the season that Scott may return in a TF car as a blocker?

Hadn't thought of that but I bet he might!!

I have to wonder if Alan is giving everyone a good head start, before he lets lose with all that Alan Johnson horsepower? Sure is making Top Fuel interesting!

Scott Kalitta drives a Nitro Funny Car. He's not going back to Top fuel this season. And even if he did, I can ASSURE you he wouldn't lie down against his cousin, teammate or ANYONE - regardless of what the 'old man' said.
He's been instructed before to lift at half track when he was up against his Dad, and once the ambers flashed - Scott rammed it down Connie's throat anyway and got the win, loving every minute of it.

What's the over/under Tony will be in the points lead after Indy?

I'm not going to write of Doug K just yet, Rahn Tobler's a Smart Cookie. It's just Tony's back to last years performance, Kalitta had better Not stumble in Early Rounds or the Sarge could be in the lead come Indy!

Just remember before you go giving Tony the championship, that qualifing No.1 this year hasn't been all that great for him.:eek:

I would still like to see Melanie pull out the championship. It seems everyone has written them off. They will need to pick it up a little for sure as the past few races haven't been to good to the team.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back