Vintage style returns to Pro Mod (1 Viewer)

wonder if that rear deck/spillplates/wing design will provide more stability at top end? awesome looking car.

wonder if that rear deck/spillplates/wing design will provide more stability at top end? awesome looking car.
Agree, an awesome looking car!
But my 1st thought was, I wonder if the wing is too big. Maybe make the front end light on the other end...

They could re-paint the front grill & say it's a '40 Ford. No one would ever know.... heh heh

The sides of the wing are big. The actual wing itself not that big or aggressive at all. Time will tell I suppose. I like the car. Glad to see something other than a camaro.

Last edited:
For me the best and unique Pro Mod is the Renteria Bros. '65 Plymouth Valiant four-door coup here in California. they run the Xstreme (Outlaw) Pro Mod West series, so it is not NHRA legal.

Actually Cliff, it is not the same car. The A/Gas car was sold to Kenny Moorhead who races it with the West Coast Pro Gas Series at Sonoma and Sacramento. But, yes, Renterias' have raced this body style since the 60's with Papa Mike and the three Bros. (one brother Tom passing away a few months ago).

This body has been streached, chopped and widened to fit over the Jerry Bickel Chassis. But the Renterias' pulled it off. ;)

I would like to see Pro Mod class with !970 or earlier only. Scotty Cannon's Willys is what really drew my interest in Pro Mod. It made the class stand out from others.

I would like to see Pro Mod class with !970 or earlier only. Scotty Cannon's Willys is what really drew my interest in Pro Mod. It made the class stand out from others.
With the direction the class has gone, you'd still end up with a similar issue we're facing today. The only difference is that the Camaros would now be limited to first-gen. There isn't really a problem with including bodies from all eras, but something needs to be done to encourage diversity. I don't know what would work for that while keeping things relatively even, though. There are some pretty neat European ones, but I don't know if they could competitively translate stateside. It would be awesome to see more cars like Freddy Fagerstrom or Bert Englefield here.

Thanks Gino. I thought it was the same one. How many 4 door cars do ya see in Pro Mod? :)
They're all in Australia! :cool:

1612211827019.png

OK, maybe we can get some Holdens here.... Would love to see European / Australian cars compete in Pro Mod.

Here comes another:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back