Vehicle fuel milage (1 Viewer)

Muddy

Nitro Member
Its been so long since I bought fuel for my vehicle I'm thinking perhaps I need to get some stabilizer and add to my fuel tank. I think my mileage is now approaching weeks per gallon.☹

About 1.98 per gallon here n Ct. Normally fill up once per week, now 3 weeks since my last has stop will at 5/8 of a tank.

Haven't gone under $2 here in Phoenix. Around $2.40 something for regular. Tucson is cheaper than we are, cuz of different fuel source. We usually gas up at Costco, cuz cheaper price. Also Kroger (Frys) gives us discounts on gas & we fill up at their stations.

I paid $1.42 last week about 25 miles east of me. I filled up, drove straight home, parked my truck and haven't been anywhere since then.

i know it doesnt sound right,but i think its a good time to get out,just get a tank of gas and some snacks and go site seeing.just

,dont get out of the car.ive been going out to the desert alot.no masks needed there. stay safe

Exactly what we have been doing for the last two weeks - we try to take a ride around the city, take advantage of the light freeway traffic, cheaper gas, and just quality time together. It has been fun and a form of relief!

Since freeways are less traveled, watch out for the speeders. Less traffic, they go faster, etc. We talked with a guy who had moved to Phoenix from Colorado. He said he was amazed at how people in Phoenix think the speed limit is a "suggestion". HA Yep..... Try the hiways, speed limit is 75 and that's for the slow lane.

All the theaters in Phoenix (and Arizona) have closed. One chain, Harkins Theaters, started selling movie popcorn at various locations. Lines of cars came to get it. That was a a few weeks ago & I think they stopped by now. Smart idea.

IMG_20200330_133934.jpg

Free gas and no where to go.

Because many of us are now not driving our cars as much as we did before the Corona Virus came to town moisture in the fuel tank will be a problem for some of us.
Keep some dry gas handy because cool night and warm day's create problems with water in the fuel tank. Condensation problems cause the engine to stumble and stall out and it's an easy fix if you realize what's happening.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

When I was 16 I worked in a 3 pump station in an industrial area near downtown OKC. It was a independent company not related to any major brand but had around 10 stations scattered around OKC. Occasionally we would have a price war and the gas which was normally 17 to 23 cents a gallon would get much cheaper. The cheapest I remember is 12 and a fraction cents per gallon. The major brands were normally around 25 to 27 cents.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back