Vegas 1 just isn't even close to Vegas 2! (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
I'm sure the SEMA show has a lot to do with it, but Vegas 1 has been dying for the past 3-4 years! Vegas 2 gets much bigger Car counts, much bigger crowds! I quit going in 2010!

Maybe it's time for NHRA to cut back on the 2 races in VEGAS and save the teams a ton of money crisscrossing the country for one race. Especially if the VEGAS-1 race is so poorly attended. Move Houston and Atlanta up along with Charlotte and keep the teams out EAST for awhile once they have towed all the way over here for the Gatornationals. It's time for NHRA to think sensibly and do the right thing economically for its teams. Ya think?

Maybe it's time for NHRA to cut back on the 2 races in VEGAS and save the teams a ton of money crisscrossing the country for one race. Especially if the VEGAS-1 race is so poorly attended. Move Houston and Atlanta up along with Charlotte and keep the teams out EAST for awhile once they have towed all the way over here for the Gatornationals. It's time for NHRA to think sensibly and do the right thing economically for its teams. Ya think?

I think your right, but I doubt NHRA has the stones to challenge Bruton Smith! I bet the drivers and crews wouldn't mind losing this race!

How about this...Las Vegas 1 is Completely done at night. Qualifying Thursday and Friday night at 7 and 10pm, first round of eliminations Saturday night beginning at 8pm, the rest of the race Sunday night 7pm - 11pm.

Vegas Nightfire Nationals

I know what would solve it. Remove Vegas 1 & add Bristol 2. Yep I'm happy :D .......and remove charlotte 1 of course.

I know the majority of the people on this site don't like PSM but I think you would be surprised how much the fan count goes up when PSM is in the line up.
Sonoma for one was significant when they added them.

I know the majority of the people on this site don't like PSM but I think you would be surprised how much the fan count goes up when PSM is in the line up.
Sonoma for one was significant when they added them.
I agree with you Gary. It was pretty cool watching you race in the division seven race in Vegas. I hope Karen and you have a good season.

I'm still paying for Pomona and Bakersfield. :eek:

If Vegas1 had been scheduled a little later in the month, and ticket prices were slightly lower, and gas prices were lower, I would have attended. 2 out of 3 would also have worked. We know gas prices won't be coming down, so that leaves the other two. I dunno, that's just my opinion.

April nights in Vegas get chilly! I've been out there on a Friday and Saturday nights watching cars skate around.

How about this...Las Vegas 1 is Completely done at night. Qualifying Thursday and Friday night at 7 and 10pm, first round of eliminations Saturday night beginning at 8pm, the rest of the race Sunday night 7pm - 11pm.

Vegas Nightfire Nationals

!!!!!

This idea would make me consider traveling over from Australia for it.

Compared to Vegas 2, Vegas 1 is a flop. Compared to some other National Events, Vegas 1 is a home run.

It is the best facility on the tour, car counts and fan counts justify 2 National Events.

While not as strong as Vegas2, on TV the crowds looked decent at times, and more than 16 cars in the nitro classes. One thing I have always wondered, why in the world would you not schedule Pomona, to Phoenix, to Vegas? What a perfect winter western swing.

Compared to Vegas 2, Vegas 1 is a flop. Compared to some other National Events, Vegas 1 is a home run.

It is the best facility on the tour, car counts and fan counts justify 2 National Events.

No doubt it is a great facility but the total fan count for last weekend has to be among the lowest of any of the races.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back