Union Grove-Labor Day- Time Machine Nationals (1 Viewer)

It looks like an awesome show, I really wanted to make th etrip down, but I gotta work Sunday...

I used to live in Union Grove and I remember in the mid 60's and early 70's guys like Garlits, Ivo, The Greek and some others would qualify at Indy on Friday or Saturday (32 car fields back then) and come up to Great Lakes Dragaway on Sunday for a match race and be back at Indy for eliminations on Monday. They would make some apperance money and still run at the Big Go.

Ken

i hope TJ is good on the chutes if that thing hooks up....hell he might have to pull the chutes at 1000 foot just to make sure he makes the turn

I bet he doesnt even get out of the 5's....

I was at Byron a couple years ago, and Wilkerson and Creasy Jr. had a match race, neither ran in the 4's, and I think Wilk ran 280mph.

I know GLD doesnt have enough shutdown for 300mph without hitting Hwy. KR....

A good friend of mine works at the track, I'd like to make it down there to get the view from the tower, but it doesnt look like I'm gonna make it.:mad: :(

I'm pretty sure Shirley ran in the 4.90's there YEARS ago.....

It should be a good show :D 5-6 hour drive, cheap motel, and only $25 bucks a day to get in. Not bad at all. Weather looks to be good Sat/Sun also.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back