Twitter... Revisited. (1 Viewer)

Horsepower & Heels

Nitro Member
Remember awhile ago, I told you a few teams had joined Twitter and were doing some pretty cool updates?

Well that list has gotten CONSIDERABLY larger now.

I've been keeping track of all the accounts since February in a list on my blog that I update when I find new ones.

Here's a link if you want to quick add a Drag Racing Twitter group!

HORSEPOWER & HEELS: Twitter for the Racing Crowd

*BE ADVISED*

If you add any of the race teams on Twitter or Facebook, you MUST avoid your PC all day on race day, otherwise it is spoilers galore. I know it's not a big deal for some of you, but I like to wait to watch the show on DVR, and I would rather not know who won.

*BE ADVISED*

If you add any of the race teams on Twitter or Facebook, you MUST avoid your PC all day on race day, otherwise it is spoilers galore. I know it's not a big deal for some of you, but I like to wait to watch the show on DVR, and I would rather not know who won.

The flip side, if your traveling it is a great way to know what is going on when you aren't going to be in front or the DVR for a week or two.

The flip side, if your traveling it is a great way to know what is going on when you aren't going to be in front or the DVR for a week or two.

That is a great point. I don't want it to seem like I am not advocating that people sign up to teams Twitter feeds or Facebook profiles, because it is a great tool for team/fan interaction and there is always good information being disseminated. I just want people to know that when they do sign up, it has the potential to play spoiler.

not a twiiter person, but I like the facebook deal, although like Chris said on raceday I know have to avoid here and facebook

BREAKING NHRA NEWS VIA TWEET-
SIMBA JUST JUMPED ON DAD'S BIRTHDAY CAKE!
:) that silly cat:)
some tweets are just a bit 'out there'.

Btw- this was a joke:)

not a twiiter person, but I like the facebook deal, although like Chris said on raceday I know have to avoid here and facebook

And I'm just the opposite... Race weekends, I'm listening to the audiocast while reading, or like yesterday in rd 2, feeding 'Fred' as I listened... I will say, I've watched a total of about 6 hours of ESPN2 all season...

And I'm just the opposite... Race weekends, I'm listening to the audiocast while reading, or like yesterday in rd 2, feeding 'Fred' as I listened... I will say, I've watched a total of about 6 hours of ESPN2 all season...

really? I can do that with qualifying but for the finals I want to watch it

I dunno, I will probably be a twit and not twitter. I have Facebook and try not to use it, seems a little too intrusive. Big brother watching me? Naa, but little brother, neice, and a whole bunch of people I barely know are.

Y'know the good old days where we'd wait till December to catch the US Nationals in between figure skating and skiing on Wide World of Sports really wasn't that bad!

Todd from Kalitta does a pretty neat job of tweeting on race weekends. He's a computer guy to begin with; so he sends alot of interesting pics & 12 second videos all weekend. Unfortunately, I'll admit that I'm so dammed "Kalittafied", unless I'm at the race, I am no longer able to enjoy the Sunday telecasts unless my team's cars are in competition. So i'm right there listening to the audiocast live and reading the tweets on Sundays.
Technology changes everything though; Imagine the look on his face if you could ask Steve Evans if he tweets???? :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back