TV audience soars at Houston (1 Viewer)

a .45 for vegas and .60 for houston. those are great numbers. congratulations nhra/fox production.
there were some nice comments about nhra below the story containing houston ratings.

last sunday cbs was the masters all day long. live till around 2pm, then re-aired the show immediately after till 6pm cst.
guessing stanley cup playoff game was on nbc when nhra was on fox?.....and if indy car was msnbc? nascar was on nite before......nhra grabbed 2nd place in sunday afternoon sports programming?
that's worth bragging about just a little i think.

This is real good news. I wonder why the ratings would all of a sudden go up like this? Also, I think it shows that the stick and ball audience is frequently a different market than the auto racing audience, so it doesn't always matter if there are competing stick and ball events opposite our drag racing on TV.

I don't have cable, but a nice old school antenna. It doesn't happen very often, but I was pleasantly surprised to find the broadcast on my local Fox over the air channel!

The increase in viewership was probably due to the race being shown on the main FOX network, instead of FS1, which is shown in fewer households than the "big" network.

The increase in viewership was probably due to the race being shown on the main FOX network, instead of FS1, which is shown in fewer households than the "big" network.

Exactly! While the numbers are quite impressive - the GLARING omission is the FACT that it was broadcast on the Big Network - not FS1. You can't accurately compare numbers on Fox vs. FS1 - simply due to the potential reach.

Last Sunday was the 1st time I watched NHRA on TV without recording it first in probably at least a year.
That was due to weather conditions, and time of broadcasting falling into my idle time.

Yeah well tell that to the local FOX affiliate in my area - they decide to broadcast infomercials during that time frame instead of the race. :mad:

Glad I have NHRA.tv....

Yes, but how do those numbers compare to Street Outlaws?
OK I looked it up 1,154,000 last week.

Last edited:
I didn't even know street outlaws was still on tv...shows how much I pay attention to them. Do they still film live shows or are they all reruns now? It doesn't really make any difference to me because I tried to watch them a few times in the past but couldn't get interested.

I would much rather watch Bang Shift's Million coverage than Street Outlaws pretending to be edgy serious racers.

someone mentioned nhra beat the nhl a week ago yesterday.......yes, the .6 rating was because of the network vs. cable channel, there is no doubt, but sunday afternoon couch sports junkies
still preferred drag racing over hockey, and hockey just happens to be the stanley cup playoffs, the oldest and best trophy in all of sports.

I didn't even know street outlaws was still on tv...shows how much I pay attention to them. Do they still film live shows or are they all reruns now? It doesn't really make any difference to me because I tried to watch them a few times in the past but couldn't get interested.
Eugene I cant watch their regular shows, but the no prep series I like I know a few guys running that and new one should start soon, watch I think you will like it, held on NHRA Drag Strips mostly. Not sure if Galot is sanctioned by NHRA. Hey give it shot. ,!!!!

Galot is an NHRA track. They also hold a Divisional, which is one of very few Divisionals on the 1/8 mile track.

I agree with both Eugene and Jesse. The staged arguing and fake dram of the shows shot in OKC are erased immediately off my DVR, however, I watch the no prep stuff and find it interesting. I'd like to know the rules though, because my first thought is, it's supposed to be run whatcha brung, but the engine is always in the stock location and I saw one race where they ran the round winner over the scales after his run, so maybe it's not quite as "outlaw" as they portray it. Still awesome cars and good variety.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back