traveling question? (1 Viewer)

speedster

Nitro Member
im a truck driver local stuff and i seen the doug gordon and sean o'bannon teams headed back south today thru oregon and was wandering if they run cb radios in the trucks?

I'll bet their rigs have CBs in them but if it is like ours, I prefer listening to good tunes over truckers. It's great for help when traffic is stopping for alternate routes or to speak with others coming the other way who can give you an idea of what you are facing.

Also good to keep talking when you are driving late at night. It's nice to hear the truckers talk about the rigs though. Sometimes they compliment or wonder what's in the trailers and you get some truckers (maybe it's Emperor Ron :p --but he says he doesn't carry a CB) who like to start talking bout their own hot rods.

Also good to keep talking when you are driving late at night. It's nice to hear the truckers talk about the rigs though. Sometimes they compliment or wonder what's in the trailers

Last year coming back from the Topeka divisional I passed two truckers with our conversion and stacker and they started to talk to each other. One asked "I wonder what they have in that trailer?". The other said "I think it's part of a circus". I thought for a minute and said to myself they pretty damn close to being right. And the two clowns were in the cab. Myself and Steve.:)

I've driven for 20 years and haven't had a CB in a truck for over the last ten of them. There's some good on them, but the majority, IMO, is like this board used to be times 10,000.

I was a company driver and around 1995 I had to switch trucks quickly and didn't have time to swap the CBs and was gone for two weeks. I was so used to them that the first week I thought I was gong to die. By the second week, I realized I was happier without it. (It's kinda like TV commercials. You don't realize how stupid they really are until you get away from them for a while) I don't think you can listen to all the negative crap on there and not have it eventually effect your attitude. I gave my last CB to the first person who asked about it when they saw it on a shelf.

Lay a hand on my satellite radio and see what happens to you! :D

I don't think you can listen to all the negative crap on there and not have it eventually effect your attitude. I gave my last CB to the first person who asked about it when they saw it on a shelf.

Lay a hand on my satellite radio and see what happens to you! :D

The foul language makes me switch them off too. But you can get some decent conversations out of it.

Denny, I agree about the traveling circus for sure! Are you with Steve Johnson of Fineline graphics?

well if they answer me i will talk thier ear off:D if it's a racer or crew dont matter as long as they want to talk racing i will talk!
when im on the radio talkin to someone and people get rude or stupid i ask the person im talkin to if they want to take it to another channel and switch channels.
the guys on the radio that act like jackasses are normally home basers and have no life so they try and get stuff started with the truckers to see who they can get to jump thru thier hoops as they put it? the nice think is when your driving you only have to wait 10-15 minutes and they are out of your range.:D

im a truck driver local stuff and i seen the doug gordon and sean o'bannon teams headed back south today thru oregon and was wandering if they run cb radios in the trucks?

I also drive truck & have tried getting ahold of teams & never have.
I drive gasoline tanker loading out of Portland,who do you drive for? (if ya dont wanna say I don't blame you)

mike i drive a transfer truck hauling rock soil sand etc,etc.
i run around portland salem tillamook hood river.
i pull a lot of stuff out of the hwy 30 area we have proubly passed each other a hundred times:D

I-80 here was a rolling transporter show today, with the Indy car race in San Jose, and the NHRA race at Sonoma. Lots of spectacular rigs heading East. I saw 3 "Dale Jr Experience" trucks going by, not sure where they were coming from...

Do either of you remember Sam Tanksley? Second company I ever drove for. He started in Pendleton (at least that's as far back as I know of. One of the orginal give you bills in one hand, pills in the other companies) When I drove for them his partner from Cape Girardeau, MO (owner of a Peterbilt dealership there), had already bought him out and the newer owner passed away so his widow could bring people in to run it into the ground. Still did some hauling in the northwest based on some old accounts they had, though I mostly hauled dry freight into the L.A. area, then went up the coast to pick up produce to bring back east.

Do either of you remember Sam Tanksley? Second company I ever drove for. He started in Pendleton (at least that's as far back as I know of. One of the orginal give you bills in one hand, pills in the other companies) When I drove for them his partner from Cape Girardeau, MO (owner of a Peterbilt dealership there), had already bought him out and the newer owner passed away so his widow could bring people in to run it into the ground. Still did some hauling in the northwest based on some old accounts they had, though I mostly hauled dry freight into the L.A. area, then went up the coast to pick up produce to bring back east.

That name seems familar to me for some reason.

They closed their doors about 19 years ago. A bunch of white Peterbilts with a diamond logo with "S/T" in it. I occasionally still see one of their old trucks in a salvage yard here and there. It's one of the companies that Johnny Cash mentions in that song where he's naming all the companies he supposedly drove for. Just another that couldn't survive deregulation.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back