Transport ? (1 Viewer)

BOO BOO

Nitro Member
I'm seeing some of the teams leaving for Palm Beach today. Do they take 2 days to get there or do they drive straight thru ?

People often forget how long Florida is, and West Palm is way down there. It is over 1,000 miles from where I live in Kentucky, over 1,100 from Indy.

Another way to think about it, Atlanta GA to Toledo OH is the same distance as Atlanta GA to West Palm Beach FL.

If the teams have 2 drivers in the hauler, they could do it straight thru, but 1 driver would be 2 full work days for sure.

Most of the big teams have 2 drivers in the truck and they will leave their shop in Indiana and drive straight through to California in 2 days or a little less at times. If they leave early enough sometimes they will stop and spend the night in Amarillo. For me to drive from our shop in California to Indiana would take me 3 days or a little longer 2,064 miles. I would usually do Atlanta, Gainesville or Charlotte in 4 days around 2,400 miles. The furthest run would be Epping which is a little over 3,000 miles and I usually ran it in 5 days. But, if we didn't hurt a lot of major parts which we were pretty good at not doing or if I didn't have to come back to the shop to switch bodies I would stay out for 4 or 5 races.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back