***Tony Waters succumbs-thoughts and prayers (1 Viewer)

The Little Lizard

Nitro Member
IT IS WITH A HEAVY HEART I PASS ON THAT DRAG RACING LEGEND AND BAKERFIELD ICON TONY WATERS PASSED AWAY. I DID BUSINESS WITH TONY AND HE WAS A FINE MAN AND I ALWAYS HAD A GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH HIM-HE WAS A OUTSTANDING PERSON AND GOOD FOR THE SPORT OF DRAG RACING. MY MOST HEARTFELT THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS TO HIS FAMILY ON THE WORD OF HIS PASSING-HE WILL SURELY HAVE GODS SPEED!

9970216640169.jpg

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-racing/news/23292-bakersfield-legend-waters-passes-away

Tony Waters Mentioned in 9th paragraph of this article as member of the world famous Bakersfield "Smokers" Car Club and account of his victory at Bakersfield,

Famoso, Hot Rods and Hot Potatoes - Bakersfield.com -

Tony Waters in the first final at the World Famous March Meet, Bakersfield, California,

March Meet History by Steve Justice

Below is an article from the prominent news reporting agency the Los Angeles Times that featured comments by Tony Waters and acknowledged his pioneering status,
Losing track of a special time - Los Angeles Times

Last edited:
Tony's service will be at the Hillcrest Mortuary in Bakersfield on January 5th at 11:00 AM. After the service we will adjourn to the Woolgrowers Restaurant for a celebration of Tony's incredible life. Join us to say have a safe pass and share your memories.

I will never forget the first time I met Tony Waters. At the 2009 Bonneville World Finals. Truly AMAZING to see an 82 year old man do bottom end work on his engine that at the time was powering the fastest open wheel car on the planet. I hope I am able to half as active at that age.

RIP Tony Waters.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back