Tommy Delago released from Kalitta Motorsports (1 Viewer)

BountyHunter

Nitro Member
Press release
Effective immediately, Tommy DeLago has been released from the role of co-crew chief on the Global Electronic Technology Toyota Camry Funny Car driven by Shawn Langdon. Nicky Boninfante will continue with the Global Electronic Technology team as crew chief for Langdon beginning this weekend at the Menards NHRA Heartland Nationals presented by Minties at Heartland Motorsports Park in Topeka, Kan.

2011 Funny Car champion DeLago had served as crew chief at Kalitta Motorsports since the 2013 season for Alexis DeJoria and Langdon. He tuned DeJoria to all of her five career wins, including the 60th annual U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis in 2014.

At first, I was surprised to hear this. But after losing in the semi-finals in Phoenix and Gainesville, Langdon has not made it out of the first round in the last four races. Maybe he'll sign on with another team, or maybe he will spend more time his Nova. Either way, best of luck Tommy.

That must’ve been an interesting conversation, especially since his wife Rachel is the General Manager of Kalitta Motorsports.

Not to be overly critical here, but it is written "...has been released from the role of co-crew chief..."

It doesn't say he is no longer employed with Kalitta Motorsports. So who knows maybe it was his choice.

Not to be overly critical here, but it is written "...has been released from the role of co-crew chief..."

It doesn't say he is no longer employed with Kalitta Motorsports. So who knows maybe it was his choice.

David Grubnic was released from his driving duties at Kalitta Motorsports as well, still had a job, but decided to leave anyway. Let’s just say that when you are removed from your primary duties, it’s just not all sunshine and roses anymore, even if they offered to keep you onboard doing something else. And that applies for any company!

Last edited:
Alexis Dejoria and Patron deciding to step away continuing to cause ripples at Kalitta ??????

Alexis Dejoria and Patron deciding to step away continuing to cause ripples at Kalitta ??????
All kidding aside Mel, I wouldn't call it ripples. More like, change. Which is a constant. All in all, the Kalitta gang is strong this year.

All kidding aside Mel, I wouldn't call it ripples. More like, change. Which is a constant. All in all, the Kalitta gang is strong this year.
The only true constant is change.......:( Hate to see Tommy gone. Like the band is breaking up.

Nick Boninfante:
“It’s hard to see Tommy go because we’re like brothers, but Connie felt like he needed to make a change. I feel bad because I was right there with Tommy for all of it. The good news for Tommy is that he’s so talented I can’t see him staying out for long. Someone will snatch him up.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back