Tom McEwen has passed (1 Viewer)

Wow! That is sad. Another legend, another of the fabric of our sport and our generation. RIP

Terrible news. I remember as a kid at one of the old Nightfire races in Boise. Him, Beadle, Bonin and John Collins were all there. All big heroes growing up and now all are gone. RIP, Tom

Sad to lose another legend. He was at a number of events this year as part of the NHRA Legends celebration and I didn't notice anything different about his health. Sorry to hear.

This is really sad to hear. Thanks for helping build this sport, you'll be missed. RIP Mr. McEwen

Very sad news. I was getting into drag racing just as the Snake and Mongoose race team was formed in 1970. Rest in peace, Tom, and thank you for the memories.

Tom McEwen is a bedrock of the sport of drag racing. I hate to hear of his passing.
I’ve got a framed, signed copy of this picture I shot of The Mongoose at the Tulsa 1972 National Challenge.
He was at the 50th anniversary of the Tulsa track in 2015 and signed it for me.
3ABE78AD-7D5D-4C4D-8D3D-05EBA77A3F66.jpeg

Awww man. This sucks. Sad. :( Thank you Mongoose for all you did.

I even saw an old Duster driving around yesterday.

I am deeply sadden to hear of Tom's passing. I had the pleasure of working with him on our advertisement in his Drag Racer magazine. RIP old friend.

Sigh. I hate loosing our heros. McGoose won Lions Last race over the Snake. He and Prudhomme had the Mattel AA/FD's with the enclosed roll cages. I liked those cars. McEwen sold his to Art Marshall, & that team was the last ever to win T/F in a front motored car. I guess my favorite memories would be McEwen winning Bakersfield in a Don Garlits built car & of course the Lions Last race. :(

It's sad when the legends that you grew up either cheering on, reading about, being told about or had a chance to meet pass on. Never met him personally, but always wanted to. RIP Mongoose.

Sigh. I hate loosing our heros. McGoose won Lions Last race over the Snake. He and Prudhomme had the Mattel AA/FD's with the enclosed roll cages. I liked those cars. McEwen sold his to Art Marshall, & that team was the last ever to win T/F in a front motored car. I guess my favorite memories would be McEwen winning Bakersfield in a Don Garlits built car & of course the Lions Last race. :(
What about beating the Snake at Indy 78 just after his son Jaime passed away?

hard to believe 27 years since he drove this jack clark tf'r. very sad to lose icons of the sport. glad i got to see him race too.

Mongoose_91.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back