This is the Bristol event I mentioned in my Capps' Blog thread... (1 Viewer)

Kelly

Nitro Member
WAY COOL!

VOTING NOW OPEN TO DETERMINE LINEUP FOR
NHRA CIRCLE TRACK CHALLENGE AT BMS MAY 17

BRISTOL, Tenn. (Tuesday, April 29, 2008) – Voting is now open to determine the starting lineup for the NHRA Circle Track Challenge Saturday, May 17 at Bristol Motor Speedway.

Fans can go to Bristol Dragway <http://www.bristoldragway.com/> to vote. Drivers participating in the race are listed and fans will simply vote for their favorites in the positions they’d like to see them start the event.

The NHRA Circle Track Challenge takes place Saturday evening, after a big day of action at Bristol Dragway, home of the May 16-18 O’Reilly NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals. The NHRA Circle Track Challenge is part of a full program of racing at BMS, which also includes the Thompson Metal 150 UARA late model race, as well as several other feature events.

Drivers expected to participate in the Circle Track Challenge include Tony Schumacher, Gary Scelzi, Ron Capps, Jeg Coughlin, Greg Anderson, Jason Line, Doug Kalitta, Kurt Johnson, Allen Johnson, Dave Grubnic, Morgan Lucas, J.R. Todd, Justin Humphreys, Doug Herbert, Antron Brown, Jack Beckman and Cory McClenathan.

The NHRA drivers will be racing street stock cars – basic late model passenger cars with roll cages. They will drive the first segment of the race, then turn their rides over to their street stock partner, the owner of the car, who then will finish the race. An NHRA winner will be crowned after the first segment and the starting positions for street stock drivers for the final segment will be determined by the finishing order of their NHRA “teammate.” A second segment winner and an overall winner also will be crowned.

Voting for the NHRA Circle Track Challenge will close on Thursday, May 15.

A 30-lap Pro Challenge event follows the NHRA Circle Track Challenge, followed by a 25-lap Charger race. The War Wizard, a monster truck, will be on hand to crush school buses and then the UARA stars will then take the green flag for a 150-lap event, followed by an appliance race, which features stock cars racing with major appliances strapped to their cars.

The night begins with the NHRA Circle Track Challenge at 7 p.m., although NHRA drivers will be given the opportunity to practice the cars just prior to the start of the Circle Track Challenge. The evening concludes with a fireworks show after the Thompson Metal 150 UARA feature race. Gates will open at 5:30 p.m.

General admission tickets are $15 with children 12 and under admitted free with a ticketed adult. Anyone attending the O’Reilly NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals on Saturday can show their ticket stub at the BMS gate and receive $5 off the ticket price.

Pit passes may be purchased for $35. No one under the age of 15 will be admitted to the pits. Anyone 18 and under must have a parent sign a waiver for admittance to the pit area.

Bristol Motor Speedway is a subsidiary of Speedway Motorsports, LLC Speedway Motorsports is a leading marketer and promoter of motorsports entertainment in the United States. The Company owns and operates the following premiere speedways: Atlanta Motor Speedway, Bristol Motor Speedway, Infineon Raceway, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Lowe's Motor Speedway, New Hampshire Motor Speedway and Texas Motor Speedway. The Company provides souvenir-merchandising services through its SMI Properties subsidiary, and manufactures and distributes smaller-scale, modified racing cars through its 600 Racing subsidiary. The Company also owns Performance Racing Network (PRN), which broadcasts syndicated motorsports programming to more than 725 radio stations nationwide including Sirius and NASCAR.com. For more information, visit the Company's website at Go Speedway <outbind://45/www.gospeedway.com> .

This sounds cool Kelly. Wouldn't it be interesting to see how easily a NASCAR guy could take over the reins of a 7000 HP monster (not John Andretti though since he's already done that)? My point is that the NHRA guys, even though they're going in a straight line and it's over in less than 5 seconds, might have the more taxing job.

This sounds cool Kelly. Wouldn't it be interesting to see how easily a NASCAR guy could take over the reins of a 7000 HP monster (not John Andretti though since he's already done that)? My point is that the NHRA guys, even though they're going in a straight line and it's over in less than 5 seconds, might have the more taxing job.

I love the drag racing, and I am under no delusions as to how difficult it is, but 500 laps at Bristol or 500 miles at Talladega are way more taxing. Guys race top fuel and funny car into their 70s, there is no one anywhere near that age in Cup racing, that should tell you something.

thread derail....

When those nascar guys go round and round for 2-3 hours,
what do they do if they need to go to the bathroom?

I love the drag racing, and I am under no delusions as to how difficult it is, but 500 laps at Bristol or 500 miles at Talladega are way more taxing. Guys race top fuel and funny car into their 70s, there is no one anywhere near that age in Cup racing, that should tell you something.

You're right. I wasn't clear enough in my thinking. What I'm trying to say is that while a guy like Jimmie Johnson or Jeff Gordon or whomever would likely adjust without much difficulty, I would think that it would be easier the first time to step into a Stock Car from a fuel car than the other way around.

I keep telling you guys .,,THUNDER VALLEY IS WHERE IT'S AT ....

Come One Come All !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope NHRA is paying attention on how professionals do promotions. This is a great cross promotion that builds up both sports. good job and it didn't take a ton of money or time just having a good vision for promotion.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back