This is gonna be a cool race - Mike Minick will be there (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
I see the ONLY rule is minimum 80%!! Wonder if there will be any 98%. Great to see a promotor with an understanding of what the fans want

I see the ONLY rule is minimum 80%!! Wonder if there will be any 98%. Great to see a promotor with an understanding of what the fans want

Hell yes 98% with a splash of alcohol, that's my kind of cocktail. But then agian I like little Hydrazine in mine.
1627514222869.png

Last edited:
Hydrazine? Like the Greek used to run that 204? heh heh
Yes that Hydrazine. Everything that I have read on this fascinating, Go Fast-Go Go Juice (Spooky Too)
The Greek and friend the late Don Maynard were big fans of Hydrazine and new the right amount
to mix in with the yellow stuff. Man I love this kind of history of the sport!
1627562176486.png

The Greek...AA/FD 1960 at Alton Dragway. Don Maynard power and a little Hydrazine. 204 MPH?
Was the Greek the first over 200?
Then again you might want to ask two other persons about this. I think there names are Don and Connie.
1627563054138.png

The Greek 1964...Check out the grin on his face
while checking the hydrometer.

Last edited:
Doug Herbert's spectacular explosion on the starting line at Pomona years back was rumored to be caused by Hydrazine. Larry Fraizer was his crew chief at the time.

Doug Herbert's spectacular explosion on the starting line at Pomona years back was rumored to be caused by Hydrazine. Larry Fraizer was his crew chief at the time.
Bob how is the book coming along? And please no naked pictures of you and your buddy's running around on the starting line...LOL

Bob how is the book coming along? And please no naked pictures of you and your buddy's running around on the starting line...LOL
I'd say it's about 90% done, have about 15 more photos to caption and yes there will be photos of me naked, buyer beware!

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 24
I'd say it's about 90% done, have about 15 more photos to caption and yes there will be photos of me naked, buyer beware!
Bob can't wait to read the book, with the Statue Of Limitations time line done(joke people) This will be some fun reading. Pretty
sure there won't be any fluff in the book (that's a good thing). Will you have special guests like Pam and other
notables of the day telling some stories. And by the way Christmas tree was never the same after that day.
Bob is the photo taken at Englishtown.

Bob even has his own Hat Pin. This one is mine, just one of 1,109 drag racing hat pins in my collection
1627663578573.png

Last edited:
Of course, this brings up the "streaker" craze of years ago. Couple of times at Irwindale, saw that. Once a guy got out of a van & ran down the track naked. Was kinda waiting to see if his buddies would pick him up. heh Another time, a guy rode a drag bike "nekked as a jaybird". Hope ya don't crash.... Probably stuff like that all over USA.

Mine is the 2" hat pin too. I believe 2" is the biggest pin you can make.
Brian K in Indy made the pin. He did not make any pins smaller
I could've swore I saw a few smaller pins floating around somewhere.... maybe from an older batch of pins from years ago? I'm probably wrong. I also got my BB pin from Brian.

"The biggest pin you can make"? Weird. I wonder who enforces that 2" limit? lolol. :)

I hear the tech official will be testing fuel to be sure it meets the 80% minimum....

I could've swore I saw a few smaller pins floating around somewhere.... maybe from an older batch of pins from years ago? I'm probably wrong. I also got my BB pin from Brian.

"The biggest pin you can make"? Weird. I wonder who enforces that 2" limit? lolol. :)
I had to run to the store and I remember that I got new pins in the last year that that are 2 and 1/2" these are new toolings
of cars of days gone by. I believe Bobby Frey made them (Not that Bob Frey). Took a couple off my board here they are.
So they do make bigger pins. I have so many pins, I guess 1,109 drag racing pins is alot? I can't remember everything LOL
1627670543075.png

Jungle in his red Vega AA/FC
1627670618176.png

One of my favorite pins right now
Jim Foust owned BB/FC Driven by the late great Dale Armstrong
Saw the car a couple of times at Seattle in the mid 70's at the old
NHRA Fall Nationals event

Chi-Town Hustler AA/FC winner, taking a guess here your B field winner Sat night July 31st Eddyville
1627953210206.png

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back