This is a bummer (2 Viewers)

Von Halen

Nitro Member
Water is seeping up through the track. I was at Topeka when this happened one time too. It has been hot and sunny all day here. No rain, but all of the sudden it started coming up. All we have seen run in the Pro categories are the bikes and three Pro Stockers. If it is doing this with no rain today, I can't see how they could get this event in if it rains like they say it is going to tonight. I am having major Topeka and Columbus flashbacks.

Water at Norwalk

My son called me and said that only about six PS cars went down the track.
Water is seeping up through the track. Frank Manzo is operating a Grader moving dirt since he was the only one at the track that knew how to operate one. Its now 7PM and it is forecast to rain tonight, anyone up for Dragboats?

Last edited:
Re: Water at Norwalk

I hear ya Harry! Buzzz and Paul are in Burley Idaho as we speak watching the circle boats battle it out at their annual race. I suspect there are places all over the Midwest right now that are having water management issues.

Water is seeping up through the track. I was at Topeka when this happened one time too. It has been hot and sunny all day here. No rain, but all of the sudden it started coming up. All we have seen run in the Pro categories are the bikes and three Pro Stockers. If it is doing this with no rain today, I can't see how they could get this event in if it rains like they say it is going to tonight. I am having major Topeka and Columbus flashbacks.
I've seen this happen at a number of tracks. However, I don't recall ever seeing the track owner take a measure such as this to correct the problem. NORWALK - Still Weeping
Kudos to the Bader family!

what a bunch of garbage. we left the track an hour ago. kept getting the run around from track officials and the announcer (just another 15-20 minutes was said about 3 times after the initial proclamation of 8-10 minute delay). people were saying they had the same problem 2 weeks ago and had to reduce the runs to 1/8 mile. nhra and sadly, norwalk raceway seem to have both been caught with their pants down. making fans sit for a 4 hour delay and stringing them out without clear answers is absurd. i predicted they would try to jam in one pro session to keep our money, and that looks like what they're trying to do.

and for those who will undoubtedly stick up for the announcer, if you're not absolutely certain about a time frame, don't announce it. the predictions were wrong at least 4 times. better to give no information than wrong information.

Gald I did't spend 42 bucks a head to watch that ..

what a bunch of garbage. we left the track an hour ago.

You should have kept up with DragRaceCentral's reporting.

At 8PM Eastern they posted...

Race officials have called Pro Stock back to the staging lanes and have started spraying the quarter mile.

Right now the "game plan" is to resume with Pro Stock and finish one Pro session.

The second Top Alcohol and Pro sessions for today have been canceled.

That meets the minimum requirement to keep from offering refunds or rainchecks, doesn't it? :( :rolleyes:

Last edited:

yeah, but had enough watching tractors dig. not to mention the super annoying motel 6 commercials. hopefully they won't get it in tonight.

It is called for tonight. At least the fans are getting the fireworks.

Friday night is canceled. My son just called he is pissed waited 6 Hrs for them to pull the plug.

Very, very classy move! The Baders are awesome.....full credit for today's ticket and fireworks. Better than a sharp stick in the eye! :D

Mother Nature dropped lots of rain this week. I'm glad they called it instead of risking lives!

Well said, I don't think any of us can deal with another catastrophic incident.

I'm still dealing with the 3 since TODAY of 2004! Many more when you consider non-national events!

Although of Darrell, Eric and Scott, Darrell was the only one I had met personally....it doesn't make it any easier. I feel a part of the 'family' of the drag racing community.

:(

Full credit for a Saturday ticket or Sunday or next year screw that I would demand my money back!
A firework show for being made to wait 5 hours,I'm sure they did all they could, but from a customer point of view it don't mean chit!

Wow, Bob....maybe I'm just extra sensitive right now, but that seems a little harsh to me. :eek:

How many tracks wouldn't offer you anything because you saw some Pro's go down the track?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow, Bob....maybe I'm just extra sensitive right now, but that seems a little harsh to me. :eek:

It wasn't meant to be.
Safety is always first the fact that they didn't run was an excellent idea in my book. I certainly don't want anybody taking any chances after what happened last week.
The Bader family is top notch it's NHRA who keeps all the money from the ticket sales I in this case would want my money back.
I will pay whatever I needed to if I chose to go Saturday,Sunday or next year is all I meant. ;)
Sorry if it came across to harsh Kelly.:eek:

Gotcha! Like I said...I just may be a bit touchy right now. :eek:

I see your point, Bob. :)

Doesn't look good for tomorrow either. No qualifying , no sunday race. right?:(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back