The Nitefire Nationals In Boise This Weekend (1 Viewer)

glofria

Nitro Member
The nostalgia cars are running as part of the Heritage Series as well as the West Coast Pro Mods. The Greate Expectation N/TF car is there and made a test pass yesterday. First qualifying attempt is tonight at 8 Mountain time. Watch the live feed here;

Jim, thank you for posting Q results. Short AA/FD field, but F/C is stout.
Your welcome Cliff. Nice 8 car field of AA/FA. I think they are running on a 6.00 index. Nice run
by Johnny West, a little to quick with a 5.973 at 236.09 but nonetheless a nice run.
Good to see Tyler Hilton back in the seat of his AA/FD, after that big fire at Bowling Green back
in mid June. I should have went, easy 8-1/2 hour drive East of me. Oh well. But I did see a good race
at Seattle a couple of weeks ago. 8 AA/FC, and AA/FA.

Last edited:
David Benjamin in AA/FA..... that's Nasty Benjamin. He blew up a lot of stuff, but put on a show. Kinda surprised he is still racing, but glad to see him out there.
Nasty was at Seattle 2 weeks ago he broke in the pits when he was warming up the car never did run
He has lived in Washington state since 1980 or 1981. He moved from New Mexico. Lives about an hour
or so North of me. Back in the early 80's his AA/FC was on fire a number of times at Seattle

1628389773030.png

Nasty Dave's AA/FA in the pits at Seattle 2 weeks ago. Dave is not in the picture
1628388144626.png

Getting all 4 off the ground. I'm pretty sure this is at the
old Alamo drag strip. AHRA race. Mid 1970's

1628388790299.png

He was on Fire in other people's AA/FC
1978 Nelson Lengle AA/FC with Nasty in the hot seat
And oh by the way the car burned to the ground. End of story
This was at Ontario, CA

1628447059671.png

This is the Dodge Charger body AA/FC that Dave raced when he moved from
New Mexico to Wahington State in 1980 or 1981. Let's just say it was 40 years ago.

Last edited:
Randy Bradford didn't make the show. Fooey. Come on guys, lets make it a 9 car field.... heh heh

Hi Jim. I didn't get the live feed. They said it was "free", but, like you, no way are they gonna get my credit card info. It was a great blessing to me that you posted the facebook info. Thanks Bro.

As always the New Family put on a great event. To say the place was packed is an understatement. I've never seen it so crowded. I guess it's a testament to the growth of the Treasure Valley Idaho area over the past couple of years. Saturday night is the BIG SHOW, but it only consists of the final round of qualifying, jet cars and wheel stander. Eliminations are actually run on Sunday. I personally wish that they would run eliminations starting late Saturday afternoon and into the night. It would make for a much better show for all of the fans that packed into the place. Love Firebird!

My sincere apologies guys, I didn't download the program for the same reason. We left Boise a few days earlier and tried to watch from my hotel room in Virginia City, NV. However, my good friend Frank Larrabee broadcast the event live on Facebook. Here is first round from yesterday. On another note, there were 11 N/TF cars at Martin, MI over the weekend and I will see if I can find that video.

The good thing about watching after the fact is that you can fast forward the down time. And yes, that's Brian Loanes in the tower,

Last edited:
Well that's not working either. If you can get on Facebook, look up Frank Larrabee for all the videos of this event.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back