The new Al-Anabi Racing... :-( (1 Viewer)

I think this has very little to do with which country someone is from, and everything to do with disdain shared by self-entitled oligarch types with vast wealth. Trust me, this sort of stuff happens in Texas, NYC, Florida etc. That's why I think it is great that Finland charges drivers on a sliding scale. If you have 100 million in the bank, what is a $300 speeding ticket to you? Hardly a deterrent to someone with attorneys on speed-dial. The US should adopt that same mentality.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business...nd-home-of-the-103000-speeding-ticket/387484/

The LaFerrari is pretty robust, to melt down that well developed V12 just breaks my heart and shows the level of asshattery these guys have, to not only terrorize the neighborhood ... but to have a complete lack of respect for the machine they are doing it with. It just goes to show you, no matter how much money you have, you can never buy brains, class or respect. I am OK with them claiming diplomatic immunity, as long as they leave and never come back. Those cars are registered to Sheikh Khalid (in Qatar), but it did not appear to be him driving ... I wonder how mad he was when he found out his douchebag friends/relatives did this? I am sure the anger will not subside when he gets that repair bill from Ferrari of Beverly Hills.

"Having ticked enough boxes on the douchebaggery form, the cars retreat to the safety of what appears to be their rented home"

Wow. Even the Sheikh can't afford to buy a house in California.

When whoever was driving the Ferrari was confronted by a local journalist about his right of filming from the sidewalk in America, the driver said "f*** America".

Beverly Hills police have issued a warrant for Sheik's arrest so next time he comes to US through customs he will be arrested, diplomatic immunity doesn't apply in this situation. Let's face it the guys an idiot, his fathers an idiot, $45,000 rent a month for home pretty much explains mentality of this group.

I just heard another report and it said he was the one driving the Ferrari.

The fact he can say F*** America just pi**es me off, if I was in charge of NHRA he would be banned for life and Vegas would be his last stent of sponsoring any team ever, I don't give a damn how much stupid money he has.

Last edited:

Yup. Same dude. At first, I didn't think he would be dumb enough to be driving the car himself, that he was just dumb enough to let someone else drive it like an idiot. But if you watch the video, there is a black Suburban that has been identified as private security, trying to keep up with the LaFerrari. I doubt his idiot friends need private security, so maybe it was him.

Also, don't forget there are 2 cars in that video. It will be interesting to see who was driving the 911GT3.

Around the time of the Al-Anabi pull out, there was much chatter about the Sheik's lifestyle since he's been in L.A... This doesn't seem shocking, based on those allegations.

Unlike many, I had zero problem with his involvement with our sport and NHRA, based on his race or country of origin. However, I will now base having zero respect for the guy simply based on his comments on our country that has allowed him to be here.

When whoever was driving the Ferrari was confronted by a local journalist about his right of filming from the sidewalk in America, the driver said "f*** America".

I just heard another report and it said he was the one driving the Ferrari.

The fact he can say F*** America just pi**es me off, if I was in charge of NHRA he would be banned for life and Vegas would he's last stent of sponsoring any team ever, I don't give a damn how much stupid money he has.

Unsure of exactly who said what myself. First off, I put damn near zero credibility in a guy simply known as " freelance video journalist Jacob Rogers"...that's media speak for "guy with a cell phone". So anything he says versus what is shown on camera is suspect. You never see who drove either car. It just cuts to the driveway where "guy with a cell phone" is actually entering what is clearly private property.
Yes, I'm rather sure the bodyguard wasn't driving, but I am also sure the bodyguard is who this "guy with a cell phone" interacts with.

The only real journalists I've seen have said only that he and the car are gone. Not who said what, or who did what. Most of it is all repeated from what "guy with a cell phone" shows on phone camera, and later adds verbally.

I am certainly not condoning any of the above actions or spoken words, but hey, I've heard a lot worse, and seen a lot worse from "good Americans".

Case in point, besides most not having the ability to simply merge onto a freeway here, when driving in Texas, you will witness a whole lot of drivers just cruising through red lights. I was driving my Mother home yesterday, and as we're talking about drivers running red lights (it happens a lot here), we are sitting at a stop light, and sure enough, someone drives directly through the red light. We had been stopped for about ten seconds by this time so this wasn't just a late scooting yellow light dash, this was clearly driving a vehicle while paying no attention. We both notice it at the same time (not tough as the truck went right by us on his way through the intersection).

"Right there! See!" I yell. "That's what I'm talking about."

This is no lie. While we're still talking about what just happened, we approach and stop at another red light, and yes....different person, different car, same deal...we had been stopped at the light for almost 8-10 seconds, and right by us goes this sedan, clear through the intersection, no brake lights, no questions to oneself as to why all these other cars are stopped, just clean through and on down the road....just like the last person less than a minute before.

Luckily, the obtuse State Senate outlawed intersection video cameras (known as red light cameras, go figure), so....you know...all these people running red lights aren't pestered by tickets and such.

I far am more worried about everyday Americans in non-exotic vehicles than rich playboys racing around even richer neighborhoods.

Unsure of exactly who said what myself. First off, I put damn near zero credibility in a guy simply known as " freelance video journalist Jacob Rogers"...that's media speak for "guy with a cell phone". So anything he says versus what is shown on camera is suspect. You never see who drove either car. It just cuts to the driveway where "guy with a cell phone" is actually entering what is clearly private property.
Yes, I'm rather sure the bodyguard wasn't driving, but I am also sure the bodyguard is who this "guy with a cell phone" interacts with.

The only real journalists I've seen have said only that he and the car are gone. Not who said what, or who did what. Most of it is all repeated from what "guy with a cell phone" shows on phone camera, and later adds verbally.

I am certainly not condoning any of the above actions or spoken words, but hey, I've heard a lot worse, and seen a lot worse from "good Americans".

Case in point, besides most not having the ability to simply merge onto a freeway here, when driving in Texas, you will witness a whole lot of drivers just cruising through red lights. I was driving my Mother home yesterday, and as we're talking about drivers running red lights (it happens a lot here), we are sitting at a stop light, and sure enough, someone drives directly through the red light. We had been stopped for about ten seconds by this time so this wasn't just a late scooting yellow light dash, this was clearly driving a vehicle while paying no attention. We both notice it at the same time (not tough as the truck went right by us on his way through the intersection).

This is no lie. While we're still talking about what just happened, we approach and stop at another red light, and yes....different person, different car, same deal...we had been stopped at the light for almost 8-10 seconds, and right by us goes this sedan, clear through the intersection, no brake lights, no questions to oneself as to why all these other cars are stopped, just clean through and on down the road....just like the last person less than a minute before.

Luckily, the obtuse State Senate outlawed intersection video cameras (known as red light cameras, go figure), so....you know...all these people running red lights aren't pestered by tickets and such.

I far am more worried about everyday Americans in non-exotic vehicles than rich playboys racing around even richer neighborhoods.

The report I saw was from Beverley Hills police chief. I would say he's credible.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back