The Coolest Thing in Norwalk (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
Sorry Larry, Tim, Greg and Matt, your wins didn't make the cut. Friday's fireworks? Pretty nice but not quite the best thing. Dollar ice cream? It's great but it not the coolest. The coolest thing at Norwalk was the Stock Winner.

Ben Wentzel bought a Camaro Z-28 in 1967, he drove it to Indy entered Stock, and won the US Nationals! Since that time he has won division races, a Division 3 Championship and even an All-Stars title, but never another National Event. Until yesterday. Driving the same car that still has the window sticker in it, with a 302 and a 4-speed, he made his way through the field to the semis where he beat Peter Biondo to earn the right to race David Rampy in the final round. In that round after a three hour rain delay he was .014 and dead-on 5 to light up the big W on the scoarboard for his first National win in 43 YEARS!

That was the coolest thing in Norwalk.

Alan

Sorry Larry, Tim, Greg and Matt, your wins didn't make the cut. Friday's fireworks? Pretty nice but not quite the best thing. Dollar ice cream? It's great but it not the coolest. The coolest thing at Norwalk was the Stock Winner.

Ben Wentzel bought a Camaro Z-28 in 1967, he drove it to Indy entered Stock, and won the US Nationals! Since that time he has won division races, a Division 3 Championship and even an All-Stars title, but never another National Event. Until yesterday. Driving the same car that still has the window sticker in it, with a 302 and a 4-speed, he made his way through the field to the semis where he beat Peter Biondo to earn the right to race David Rampy in the final round. In that round after a three hour rain delay he was .014 and dead-on 5 to light up the big W on the scoarboard for his first National win in 43 YEARS!

That was the coolest thing in Norwalk.

Alan

The coolest think in Norwalk...... hell, that's near the coolest thing that will happen all season!

Yea, that was the coolest thing in Norwalk. Hope Ben and Dave wins plenty more with that camaro.

Ill agree it was the coolest, but I enjoyed what happened about two minutes earlier the most-great to see you after both of those things happened!

That's a great story! Hope his next win comes a bit sooner than that!

Were the trophys Wallys then? :confused:

the coolest thinkg for me at norwalk was...Hearing you and bob fry over the pa system!!

and congrats to my home town man Ben Ben Wentzel

That is even cooler than Bode's backup girl.

now I don't know about that!!
2027272480053959750S600x600Q85.jpg

2041097810053959750S600x600Q85.jpg

As perhaps the lowest mileage '67 Z-28 in existance that car is priceless and the same could be said for Ben's Norwalk victory.

Were the trophys Wallys then? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Nope. The Wally wasn't produced until 1969.

That's Jeff Diehl's backup girl ... and she is smokin hot.

That is a cool story Alan ... but we all know the sun rises and sets with the Stock class for you. :p

I fully agree Alan..... The COOLEST win in 2010 for certain....

Last year, I gave the nod to Jeff Arend's Memphis win as the COOLEST of 2009... this year, Ben is the leader in the club house. Don't know what can top this one...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back