The 50th Gatornationals In Focus - photos from my perspective (1 Viewer)

Luke Nieuwhof

Nitro Member
A tremendous event in every way. I hope you enjoy these photos - I have tried to give a few different perspectives from a photography angle. Let me know what you think.

http://www.americandragracer.com/the-50th-gatornationals-in-focus/

gainesville-42.jpg

Wow... great photos! What I thought was interesting was the funny cars pulling up dust from the cracks on the pavement. Never heard of that before. You could see it clearly in the photos.

Enjoyed your photo's, great job of catching the feelings of your subjects. Really liked seeing Connie and his excitement and pleasure. Thank you for your work, hope to see more from you.

Luke, do you miss Australian racing? I really enjoy watching videos and the racers there are first rate.

I still publish Drag News Magazine there so I keep in touch pretty well.
I miss my home track Perth Motorplex a lot, one of the best venues in the world and I wish people realized what they have in their own backyard there. I guess one major difference is that in Australia a lot of people make what they have work equipment wise and there are some pretty innovative and passionate people out there going racing on budgets that are microscopic compared to some in the USA.
I certainly don't miss the politics that have strangled the sport there for the last three years - it's going to be a long road back to get the sport back to full health.

I certainly don't miss the politics that have strangled the sport there for the last three years - it's going to be a long road back to get the sport back to full health.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that!

Great shots! I've never seen the dust drawn up before, very cool to see that.

Luke,

Awesome shots! One correction, the picture that identifies Katie Sullivan is actually Kelly Clontz.

Alan

Fantastic work. Thank you for sharing!
I'm sitting here on California's Central Coast, and I felt like I was in Gainesville at the track while looking thru the pics. Great job.

One question tho, why do all the pics appear to have a thin white layer of haze on top of them? Not a criticism, just wondering if it's the website or something else.

Fantastic work. Thank you for sharing!
I'm sitting here on California's Central Coast, and I felt like I was in Gainesville at the track while looking thru the pics. Great job.

One question tho, why do all the pics appear to have a thin white layer of haze on top of them? Not a criticism, just wondering if it's the website or something else.
Thanks Paul, exactly what I aimed to do!
It's a look applied to the photos in Lightroom. It's a little more effective in print than on screen, just a style choice really.

Luke,

Awesome shots! One correction, the picture that identifies Katie Sullivan is actually Kelly Clontz.

Alan

Ooh! Thanks Alan. I saw the K on the leathers and thought I had it - but I am more than willing to take your word on it haha!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back