Thanks Powerade and NHRA! (1 Viewer)

JRX

Nitro Member
I just wanted to thank the powerade guys and NHRA for making Indy more than special for me. I was lucky enough to join the pro's on the winner's circle. It was an incredible experience and one I will remember forever. The only thing that made it sweeter was defending my crown!

At last year's Indy they had a powerade chugging contest at the winner's circle. I told the powerade guy I would beat anyone.....which I did..lol. So I was up there with the winners, along with a kid I picked out of the audience. The funny part was standing next to Greg Anderson and saying.."see I told you earlier I would see you in the winner's circle!" He remembered me and just smiled.

Fast forward to this year....I stopped by Greg Anderson's pits and reminded him of last year and once again said "see ya in the winner's circle!" So after the finals I made my way to the winners circle. The powerade guys were talking about a contest and I boldly said I would kick anyone's ass! Bold yes, but hey I know what it takes. Once again they picked me and once again I out-chugged the others. So I found myself up there for a second year, along with my buddy Bob. Yes, some might say I took a spot from some other fan....but they had their chance, and the fastest one wins in drag racing...:D One of the best parts was the look on Greg Anderson's face when I was standing next to him up there.....priceless! So thanks again everyone!

Here's a link to the photo by Les Welch, he has some great stuff so order some....I did!
http://www.leswelch.com/2006/indy/win/tf/image9.html

opps....last year too???? lol http://www.leswelch.com/2005/indy/win/tf/image12.html

Dude.... I was quite disappointed that you didn't eat the bottle you chugged that thing so fast!

You made me "Mater Proud"! :D

You had us laughin our a$$es off when you called us from the winners circle only to have to go so they could take your pciture. Thats it I'm hangin out with you in the winner circle next year

LOL! A two time Poweraid Big Go Indy Champion. Way to go.:D

Edited to avoid further abuse.:D

Last edited:
no kidding there bro....I saw the car first, and then the passenger....then a double upper cut looking at the driver......talk about a boneheaded move not having my camera at the ready to catch that shit eating grin! :eek:

Once again the Powerade guys came through and sent me some pics....just wanted to once again say thanks!

gavl8.jpg

tsdn1.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back